07 Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikki89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 Chevy Tahoe 4Doors 5.3L V8. Ran diagnostic test bland it came back P0496. Which could be a number of things. The guy that ran the test said he believed it to be the EVAP purge control Valve, where as 6 other believe it to be something else. Anyway it's draining the gas really bad and Everytime I go to put gas in the Tahoe it take a couple cranks and hitting the gas to get it to start bc it don't want to turn over. I'm hoping its nothing serious but if anyone has had any luck with this. Any advise would be appreciated

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 Chevy Tahoe 4Doors 5.3L V8. Ran diagnostic test bland it came back P0496. Which could be a number of things. The guy that ran the test said he believed it to be the EVAP purge control Valve, where as 6 other believe it to be something else. Anyway it's draining the gas really bad and Everytime I go to put gas in the Tahoe it take a couple cranks and hitting the gas to get it to start bc it don't want to turn over. I'm hoping its nothing serious but if anyone has had any luck with this. Any advise would be appreciated
I think the guy that ran the test is probably right. It sounds like your purge control valve is stuck open.

OP
OP
N

Nikki89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the guy that ran the test is probably right. It sounds like your purge control valve is stuck open.
The check engine light is still on even after I replaced the purge control valve last night

OP
OP
N

Nikki89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The check engine light is still on even after I replaced the purge control valve last night
It's sucking the heck out of the gas and I even done a fuel injector treatment last night too

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Interesting test for that purge control valve, watch this:

Starts at about 5:00 in and then he replaces the valve and tests again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9