07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pavich91

Reaction score
That is the best time to do it! Really does not cost anymore than simply replacing with the same original setup so why not go for a "free" OEM big brake kit?
100%! I guess the caliper mounting brackets would be the only additional cost. Which aren't too much so well worth the extra 100

nofeardiver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have read through all these pages and thank you for all your info. I was wondering if someone could tell me can I just install the powerstop kit for the 2007 on the 2005 Yukon front? This is the kit i was looking at KIT, but didnt know if anyone had done it vs going out and buying all the individual AcDelco parts? Thank you for info.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have read through all these pages and thank you for all your info. I was wondering if someone could tell me can I just install the powerstop kit for the 2007 on the 2005 Yukon front? This is the kit i was looking at KIT, but didnt know if anyone had done it vs going out and buying all the individual AcDelco parts? Thank you for info.
If you order for an 07 but you have an 05, I'd say no. The pads will be too big and won't fit your calipers. I think the rotors might be too big to fit through your stock calipers also.

Reaction score
I purchased the Powerstop brake kit CRK 2067 for a 2007 GMC Yukon from Rockauto and I got the calipers and brackets off a 2007 Denali from the local salvage yard for cheap. Also, I replace the rear setup with Powerstop rotors and Gm Delco pads for a 2005 Denali as well. Overall I would say the stoping power is considerably noticeable and now I can actually come to a screeching halt as before I could not. So to me it was worth it.

Last edited:

nofeardiver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you order for an 07 but you have an 05, I'd say no. The pads will be too big and won't fit your calipers. I think the rotors might be too big to fit through your stock calipers also.

The kit includes new calipers, pads, and rotors, only thing doesnt have is the ss line upgrade. i just didnt know if the 07 brackets would bolt to the 2005. I attached the photo with whats included in the kit.

View attachment 264980

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9