07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget about the spare wheel as well. It's 16" on GMT800, so you need to replace it as well
It would still fit on the rear. If you had a flat in the front you could swap back to front and replace the rear with the spare

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Also--isn't this option only good if you have 2wd? I've read running different size tires will ruin a transfer case in the front--and can't be good for your rear either.

If the overall diameter and circumference is different then you would have an issue. We are discussing different wheel and tire combinations that have the same diameter and circumference so there won’t be an issue.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Also--isn't this option only good if you have 2wd? I've read running different size tires will ruin a transfer case in the front--and can't be good for your rear either.

I think AWD is the real bugger here. I agree it can't be great either way, though.

If the overall diameter and circumference is different then you would have an issue. We are discussing different wheel and tire combinations that have the same diameter and circumference so there won’t be an issue.

Mine are different since the new shoes. But, I say 10 ply LT rated tires ftw.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i went to 20 inch wheels i got a spare from an escalade in the junkyard that had 20`s from the factory, I can`t remember the exact size but it is very close to the same diameter as a 275/55/20 and fits perfectly in the spare tire location.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
When i went to 20 inch wheels i got a spare from an escalade in the junkyard that had 20`s from the factory, I can`t remember the exact size but it is very close to the same diameter as a 275/55/20 and fits perfectly in the spare tire location.

Do you mind posting some pictures of the spare on the spare location.