07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must have had some air in my front brakes because the pedal is much firmer than it was with the smaller pistons.

IMG_20190821_122410.jpg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$288.46 seemed like a good deal for '09 calipers, ceramic pads, and drilled/slotted rotors. After running them in my GMC Sierra and Camaro I can say they work great and brake fade is no longer an issue. And yes, Red calipers will look nice behind the black wheels.

Rear pads didn't arrive with the rest of the order, I emailed them and left bad feedback before I realized I couldn't later edit it. Oh well. Seems to me I was shorted on pads for the Camaro as well.
That is a solid deal. Though I don't see the advantage of drilled and slotted rotors on a truck.

Lame that they didnt send you rear pads though. Do a chargeback?
I must have had some air in my front brakes because the pedal is much firmer than it was with the smaller pistons.

View attachment 229109
Fills that 17" wheel up real nice.

The original ones looked laughably small behind my oem 20s.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, 9 pages of goodness for this bolt on OEM factory big brake upgrade. All, or almost all of it's costs are offset as replacement parts for maint. Larger discs, larger pads equals more swept braking area.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.co...6b187ec2c3049036f41f0c6708&topic=122524.0;all

The swap doesn't affect ABS or Stabilitrack. Since preloved calipers might be used, it gives the once in a lifetime opportunity to have the calipers stripped down, cleaned, powder coated and then powder coated with clear. Once the PC is on the calipers and carriers, they can be rebuilt and wont have to be touched for over a decade. The clear powder coat protects the 1st layer of PC so well that they'll look like wet paint forever. All the road shluck will wash off with soap and come back to looking 100% new.

This is a set of late model aluminum rear calipers/carriers I used to replace the old cast iron units on one of the VW we own. They came off an Audi TT 16 years older than our 90 VW Corrado g60 and simply bolt on to the original VW caliper brackets. The powder coat was properly applied and made the surface go from a porous rough cast, to smooth as butter. They've been wax on, wax off for the last five years.

dequ4usu.jpg

apaqezuz.jpg

Nice floors. Hand-scraped Acacia?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I will eventually go full ricer and paint my rear calipers as well. Do you like the Duplicolor paint you used?
First time using it . Seems to hold up pretty good. Come winter we will see how it really holds up. My ocd would let me just paint my fronts so I had to do the rears at the same time lol. I do wash my truck regularly at least once a week which helps with anything painted.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
To save you some trouble when you get your powdercoated calipers check that the powdercoat isn`t on the brake line mounting surface because it will cause it to leak. I didn`t think it would make a difference but both of mine leaked so i just used a razor blade to scrape it off.
Where did you get your calipers powder coated?

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get your calipers powder coated?
Mine were also made by Powerstop and sold by ebay seller Brakemotive. Not very happy with the seller and not recomending them. Go to powerstop directly if u can.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
Does the 2016 front police package come from Raybestos only and can someone confirm that the 2016 models are also the same calipers and brackets that will direct bolt-on to a 2001 Tahoe?

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the 2016 front police package come from Raybestos only and can someone confirm that the 2016 models are also the same calipers and brackets that will direct bolt-on to a 2001 Tahoe?

Yes they will. The 2015+ K2XX models use the exact same brakes (calipers, pads, brackets, and rotors), as the GMT900.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore