07 6.2 P0011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the mileage, you probably have a broken timing chain tensioner and stretched chain. I would replace it all since it all has to come off anyway to replace one thing. Camshaft actuator, solenoid valve (actuator bolt), timing chain, tensioner, and oil pump.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not at idle. The spec for hot is 24 PSI at 1000 RPM.
Not according to the operator manual it says it should be 29psi to 80PSI under normal conditions the op has normal weather conditions...

All Gen 4 engines require the same engine oil PSI(except for the corvette engine but the configuration is "different") so it does apply to the normal 4.8/5.3/6.0/6.2/8.1

Yes Is does say it could be as low as "15PSI" in some circumstance ... but they still follow up YOU have a problem and it needs to be fixed

it also says the engine can catch fire as well. They put it TWICE of the same message just incase you missed it the first time..20220621_111850 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the mileage, you probably have a broken timing chain tensioner and stretched chain. I would replace it all since it all has to come off anyway to replace one thing. Camshaft actuator, solenoid valve (actuator bolt), timing chain, tensioner, and oil pump.
forgot about the oring on the pickup tube slurping up air

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue. It’s been intermittent but more pretty consistent. I replaced the actuator solenoid and it didn’t fix mine. I tried running premium and 87 (I’m in Colorado) and neither seems to change. Maybe a tired oil pump or stretched timing chain. Could be an oil pressure issue I suppose. I also have a front main seal leak. with a few more of those repairs I think might as well just rebuild the thing. if I can figure it out I’m sure it’s got another 20k or more in it. I’m at 245K.
I had a front main seal leak and it turned out my PCV valve had stuck closed and was creating internal pressure pushing it out. It was after the really hard cold in Colorado Springs jan/feb of 2021, started as a few drips and turned into 2 quarts over 400 miles and a couple of nights in Rock Springs, WY! Great little town BTW.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not according to the operator manual it says it should be 29psi to 80PSI under normal conditions the op has normal weather conditions...

All Gen 4 engines require the same engine oil PSI(except for the corvette engine but the configuration is "different") so it does apply to the normal 4.8/5.3/6.0/6.2/8.1

Yes Is does say it could be as low as "15PSI" in some circumstance ... but they still follow up YOU have a problem and it needs to be fixed

it also says the engine can catch fire as well. They put it TWICE of the same message just incase you missed it the first time..View attachment 373335

It doesn't say less than 15 PSI means you have a problem, it says that could be normal. It says don’t drive it if the oil pressure is low and doesn’t actually give a number so that means when the low oil pressure message comes on and I hate to break it to you but the low oil pressure message doesn’t even come on until 5 PSI. Here’s the diagnostic for P0521 oil pressure sensor performance. And no, not all engines have the same oil pressure spec. GM has specs listed varying a couple of PSI for different engines.

Attachments

• F0CBC780-3FDD-4799-BDA8-A04DD0E3D512.jpeg
    F0CBC780-3FDD-4799-BDA8-A04DD0E3D512.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 6

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forgot about the oring on the pickup tube slurping up air

Yeah? I also didn’t say he’d need to replace the front cover gasket, front crank seal, crank bolt, water pump gaskets, oil pan gasket, oil, oil filter, coolant, and oil cooler line gasket (if equipped). The o-ring is a given if you’re placing the oil pump…

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the the solenoid first. Then chain, tensioner, the tube, and o ring. Still had the code. Ended up changing the solenoid again then the problem went away.

OP
OP
Y

YaCat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My oil pressure is definitely under what’s preferred but my code comes and goes. Sometimes it behaves long enough for the CEL to go off then it comes back on in a few drive cycles.