07 6.2 P0011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

breez75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My oil pressure is definitely under what’s preferred but my code comes and goes. Sometimes it behaves long enough for the CEL to go off then it comes back on in a few drive cycles.
Did you figure out the p0011 I’m having the same problem

OP
OP
Y

YaCat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you figure out the p0011 I’m having the same problem

I changed the oil, using Mobil 1 5w-40 full syn and a K&N filter and my oil pressure raised a good amount at least between cold-hot. I’m getting about 55psi cold startup which drops to 40 at idle when mostly warmed up but it still falls off a cliff to about 15 when fully hot and idle, though it raises back up quickly when the throttle is pressed. This by itself has been enough to keep the CEL off around 75% of the time so I’m guessing the core of my issue is oil pressure related. I am still considering doing the pick up tube o ring repair as well as the solenoid but don’t have a garage and it’s cold in MI now. I will likely wait until spring long as nothing serious happens between now and then.

breez75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I changed the oil, using Mobil 1 5w-40 full syn and a K&N filter and my oil pressure raised a good amount at least between cold-hot. I’m getting about 55psi cold startup which drops to 40 at idle when mostly warmed up but it still falls off a cliff to about 15 when fully hot and idle, though it raises back up quickly when the throttle is pressed. This by itself has been enough to keep the CEL off around 75% of the time so I’m guessing the core of my issue is oil pressure related. I am still considering doing the pick up tube o ring repair as well as the solenoid but don’t have a garage and it’s cold in MI now. I will likely wait until spring long as nothing serious happens between now and then.
Iv also tried charging the # 2 and 1 cam bearing and I changed the valve bolt and the sprocket and the pin magnet and new tensioner oil pan and timing cover and valve cover gasket 10w 40 oil and m1 filter at hot idle it’s 20 ish under load is 18 ish and iv been checking all wires to the magnet pin to the ecm I’m thinking it’s the load psi to low are wire issues and new under the manifold plate o rings at tower and gasket new oil pump done about to years ago a iv charge the o ring pick up still having the same problem now I’m getting p0010 and p0011

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You definitely have an oil supply issue. I had a 2007 with the same deal, just no CEL. I would get lifter rattle after a heat soak and restart......that was the final straw that told me something wasn't right. I always assumed the idiot guage was just generic and never really looked deeper into the lower psi. Truck still ran awesome.

The solution ended up being a combination or repairs. First, I pulled the intake thinking it was a sender problem and found the squished o-rings that seal off the passages for AFM that the motor doesn't have, but nonetheless was leaking past them and pouring back down into the valley. That alone helped, but didn't fix completely.

Next I pulled the oil pan (can be done on your back on a garage btw) and replaced the crunchy o-ring on the pickup tube. The motor purred like a sewing machine after that for many more miles until I sold it. Both jobs aren't too hard and will prolong the life of your motor. I wouldn't put it off too long if you plan on keeping the truck.

Find a buddy that has a heated garage or building, buy him some beer, and jump in for a weekend project

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had good oil pressure but replaced my o-ring for preventative mx 4 yrs ago. I used Felpro# 72401, same as GM# 12584922
old o-ring.JPG
o-ring pickup tube.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep