06 Esky sterep upgrade that Keeps CD player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
This question may have already been asked and answered, but if so, I can't find it. Can anyone point me to a replacement for the Escalade Bose head unit that lets me keep the 6 disc cd player? Or a work around? Thanks.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but very unlikely. The CD changer has a proprietary connection and works as a slave unit to the main factory head unit. It gets its control instructions from the head unit and I highly doubt any aftermarket units would be able to control it.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but very unlikely. The CD changer has a proprietary connection and works as a slave unit to the main factory head unit. It gets its control instructions from the head unit and I highly doubt any aftermarket units would be able to control it.
He’s correct^ the factory headunit controls the disc player. Moving to an aftermarket unit will make the 6 disc player inoperative. Even before i went to an aftermarket headunit I never used the CD player…..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSurfer5300