"06 Escalade Build: Engine cover finished!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I'll ask him. The seats I had done a few years ago were the light beige Lexus has. They were 5 y/o and had small crease marks and a few cracks from wear, but overall the leather was decent. I called a local guy who reconditions leather. He used a filler product on the creases and cracks. He matched the color perfectly with a thickish, almost creamy dye product. He stipple brushed it on and feathered it to eliminate streaking. He did both front seats in about an hour. I think I paid $100 and he came to my house to do the job! (This was when I lived in DFW.) They came out great. I kept the car two more years then sold it to a friend who drove it for 3 years. The seats still looked good when he recently sold it to a guy who shipped it to Kenya. BTW, he told me he sold it to the guy from Kenya for more that I sold it to him!

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'll ask him. The seats I had done a few years ago were the light beige Lexus has. They were 5 y/o and had small crease marks and a few cracks from wear, but overall the leather was decent. I called a local guy who reconditions leather. He used a filler product on the creases and cracks. He matched the color perfectly with a thickish, almost creamy dye product. He stipple brushed it on and feathered it to eliminate streaking. He did both front seats in about an hour. I think I paid $100 and he came to my house to do the job! (This was when I lived in DFW.) They came out great. I kept the car two more years then sold it to a friend who drove it for 3 years. The seats still looked good when he recently sold it to a guy who shipped it to Kenya. BTW, he told me he sold it to the guy from Kenya for more that I sold it to him!
I used to repair seats for dealers.
Some of my work.20211219_104959.jpg20211219_151330.jpg20180425_115542.jpg20180425_134359.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Thanks. I went to school in Michigan to learn the trade. I had my own business, but it died with the pandemic.
That truly is too bad. The guy doing my build has complained to me more than once that the pandemic made it all but impossible to get various car work done. He said his painter is so backed up he's no longer doing total paint jobs; says he can't get help for prep work. I have a friend here who is doing a rotisserie restoration on a '71 GTO who can't find anyone willing to paint it. That's all he has left to do before putting it back together. He's been looking all over the Southeast. He had to go to N. Carolina to get his last car painted; but that shop is backed up over a year.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That truly is too bad. The guy doing my build has complained to me more than once that the pandemic made it all but impossible to get various car work done. He said his painter is so backed up he's no longer doing total paint jobs; says he can't get help for prep work. I have a friend here who is doing a rotisserie restoration on a '71 GTO who can't find anyone willing to paint it. That's all he has left to do before putting it back together. He's been looking all over the Southeast. He had to go to N. Carolina to get his last car painted; but that shop is backed up over a year.
I've heard that complaint many times. I only did wholesale work, not retail, and the other problem was dealers wanted the world for $1. They were some cheap sobs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kracker456