"06 Escalade Build: Engine cover finished!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
The '06 Escaladde build is almost complete. Upholstery should be finished this week. After that there are some small jobs left and a few things on the punch list to sort out. Then the builder will drive it for a week or two to make sure there are no issues. If nothing major shows up, I should get my V-Series tribute, Pro Touring Edition, 06 Escalade by mid May. Can't wait! I will post MANY photos!

BTW, here is the logo design I did to commemorate the build. I've ordered a few hats as shown for the builder and his crew, plus some for me and my buds to wear during "Cruisin' the Coast" in October.

Attachments

• Bluehatorder.png
    Bluehatorder.png
    577.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Redhatorder.png
    Redhatorder.png
    692.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
A few new photos. Interior is almost complete. The seats turned out well. Its hard to tell, even with the closeup photo, but the stitching is gray to match the pewter trim. Still need some red trim added on the doors panels and console and carpet installed. The cladding, front bumper, grille, etc. paint work is done. Now they are rehabbing original paint. The end is in sight!

Attachments

• new seats.jpg
    new seats.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Interiorrefurb.jpg
    Interiorrefurb.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Paintrehab.jpg
    Paintrehab.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 31
  • new seat closeup.jpg
    new seat closeup.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
A few new photos. Interior is almost complete. The seats turned out well. Its hard to tell, even with the closeup photo, but the stitching is gray to match the pewter trim. Still need some red trim added on the doors panels and console and carpet installed. The cladding, front bumper, grille, etc. paint work is done. Now they are rehabbing original paint. The end is in sight!
Seats look great. How soft is the leather? I'm surprised you didn't do any embroidery on the headrests.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Seats look great. How soft is the leather? I'm surprised you didn't do any embroidery on the headrests.
I asked about having the Cadillac Logo done on the headrests. Leatherseats.com said it's copyright protected and requires purchasing a license from GM to legally use it; which as a matter of company policy they do not do. The headrest covers come off pretty easy. When I get the car home I may look for someone who is willing to add the logo, or maybe not. The sans headrest logo look fits with most of the exterior badging being removed and/or replaced. The leather we chose is pretty soft. Leatherseats.com has one grade higher of leather which is softer still. But they don't offer it in the darker red tone I wanted. The color I chose is almost identical in darkness to the car's paint.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Still very much a work in progress; but here are a few more photos showing the seats installed and reconditioned paint. The builder painted upper dash and steering wheel trim to match seats.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 34
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 32
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 30
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 34
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow man that looks really good! At first I’ve wasnt crazy about the steering wheel but the more I looked the more I realized it ties the interior color scheme together unlike the black leather or shale leather wheel against the red seats and dash. I’m jealous! That’s very unique and done very well!!

Side bar: curios to know how they re did the leather on the steering wheel to match the seats? An actual leather covered stitched onto the steering wheel frame like the factory finish originally was? Hard to tell from photos but looks that way as the leather looks like it’s snuged up perfectly to the wood grain grips the way the original factory leather would if it the leather surfaced cover was fitted and stitched into place on the frame work of the wheel!

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Still very much a work in progress; but here are a few more photos showing the seats installed and reconditioned paint. The builder painted upper dash and steering wheel trim to match seats.
Hopefully the steering wheel doesn't peel. Looks to be a perfect match.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Wow man that looks really good! At first I’ve wasnt crazy about the steering wheel but the more I looked the more I realized it ties the interior color scheme together unlike the black leather or shale leather wheel against the red seats and dash. I’m jealous! That’s very unique and done very well!!

Side bar: curios to know how they re did the leather on the steering wheel to match the seats? An actual leather covered stitched onto the steering wheel frame like the factory finish originally was? Hard to tell from photos but looks that way as the leather looks like it’s snuged up perfectly to the wood grain grips the way the original factory leather would if it the leather surfaced cover was fitted and stitched into place on the frame work of the wheel!
He dyed the steering wheel wrap to match the leather seats. He routinely reconditions and dyes leather seats and used the same product to do the steering wheel.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Hopefully the steering wheel doesn't peel. Looks to be a perfect match.
I asked about that. He told me he used the same product he routinely uses to recondition and dye leather seats. About 5 years ago I had reconditioning and redyeing done on another car that had wear and small cracks in the seats. It came out looking new and held up as well and the original seat finish.

The Upholsterer is now working on the door panels and console lid. He is replacing the insert above the armrests and the lid with the same red leather; and the builder is dyeing the armrests to match. I'll post more photos when its done.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I asked about that. He told me he used the same product he routinely uses to recondition and dye leather seats. About 5 years ago I had reconditioning and redyeing done on another car that had wear and small cracks in the seats. It came out looking new and held up as well and the original seat finish.

The Upholsterer is now working on the door panels and console lid. He is replacing the insert above the armrests and the lid with the same red leather; and the builder is dyeing the armrests to match. I'll post more photos when its done.
Do you know what the product is that he used? Possibly a link?