05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn @05Single !! Just always something new in your head with those forward lights! I really like the mod, gives your tahoe the “K2 Silverado type look” like the LED strips they have up front! I love it!! I want something like for my Denali!! Can you come up with something for my turn signal lenses? Can I send you a set and let you play with them to come up with something cool like that?!?! Lol I hate how boring my turn signal lenses are are and there’s really no cool mods for those other than just slapping LED bulbs in them.

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too much nice builds here, also reading this thread xD . Obviously also because I've the Titan rims laying around.. But also looking at your fender flare usage. And the door protectors/trim, after removing, did you find good paint underneath or has the trim damaged the paint, by which I mean, is it smooth after detailing is or will the trim leave scares?

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Haha you're really the light man, I don't like most of the light updates, but everybody has his own style :) In NL you aren't allowed a lot of those light mods, especially on the outside. Really like how to are kinda OCD like me and you're cleaning/detailing looks proper too. Really makes me wanna detail mine. It even is my job, but I don't got a garage at home and the weather sucks, it's winter here..

The fender flares, that is part of your winter mode? You just delete and re-use them every time? I've got a new set laying around, I can't make up my mind if I want to use then. If so, I want to de-rust and paint the inner wheel well, before applying them. But I might be able to sell them good because you can't get them in Europe.. Chooses, chooses, with the money I could do other things faster like new wheels for the Titan rims and chiptuning the gearbox and engne.
Well the Xmas lights and blue underglow are 100% illegal in all 50 states . Just depends on if the cop is bored or not. But my normal driving lights (heads, turns, fogs, tails) are all 100% legal.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Too much nice builds here, also reading this thread xD . Obviously also because I've the Titan rims laying around.. But also looking at your fender flare usage. And the door protectors/trim, after removing, did you find good paint underneath or has the trim damaged the paint, by which I mean, is it smooth after detailing is or will the trim leave scares?
Mine was smooth as silk , but the fender flares had a small but barely noticeable rubbing point and left a line over the arches (I have pics in this build). But every tahoe will be different depending if it was removed before or painted underneath and so on. If it’s been garaged or off-road a lot.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Damn @05Single !! Just always something new in your head with those forward lights! I really like the mod, gives your tahoe the “K2 Silverado type look” like the LED strips they have up front! I love it!! I want something like for my Denali!! Can you come up with something for my turn signal lenses? Can I send you a set and let you play with them to come up with something cool like that?!?! Lol I hate how boring my turn signal lenses are are and there’s really no cool mods for those other than just slapping LED bulbs in them.
Only thing that pops in my head is the same design. Never out thought into a Denali turn. But I’ll brainstorm it and maybe do a few edits for ideas

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the Xmas lights and blue underglow are 100% illegal in all 50 states . Just depends on if the cop is bored or not. But my normal driving lights (heads, turns, fogs, tails) are all 100% legal.
Yes well I can change them but have to keep them between certain levels. But for example the underglow (Which is a no go long ago in NL anyway haha. But is that legal also?

Mine was smooth as silk , but the fender flares had a small but barely noticeable rubbing point and left a line over the arches (I have pics in this build). But every tahoe will be different depending if it was removed before or painted underneath and so on. If it’s been garaged or off-road a lot.
Ok good to know. Mines are factory. But it gives protection op parkingspaces more, and since in NL the spaces are made for Toyota Aygo's, is gives me more protection. But I think I like it more without. Hmmmmmmm choices choices.:D

Cheers mate for the reply.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yes well I can change them but have to keep them between certain levels. But for example the underglow (Which is a no go long ago in NL anyway haha. But is that legal also?

Ok good to know. Mines are factory. But it gives protection op parkingspaces more, and since in NL the spaces are made for Toyota Aygo's, is gives me more protection. But I think I like it more without. Hmmmmmmm choices choices.:D

Cheers mate for the reply.
I actually just took them off tonight . I think they look best when I was higher up on the Nissan wheels . It was a beefy look . I tried to see if I’d like them now that I’m lowered and I do not. I’ll try them again this summer with them painted to match and wheel spacers and see how I like the look. Kinda have a green version of @blurred tahoe , but not as cool ;)0A98B525-2C54-4EB7-80EC-5A6D0B4CBE91.jpeg

need to take it thru the wash now

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just took them off tonight . I think they look best when I was higher up on the Nissan wheels . It was a beefy look . I tried to see if I’d like them now that I’m lowered and I do not. I’ll try them again this summer with them painted to match and wheel spacers and see how I like the look. Kinda have a green version of @blurred tahoe , but not as cool ;)View attachment 267507

need to take it thru the wash now
I understand, I found some nice rubber for my rims already, it's waiting on money now. Will start working tomorrow again after a burn-out period. All sthe moneys sgone.... But got some goodyears for a good price, €141 each. https://www.oponeo.nl/band/goodyear-efficientgrip-suv-275-65-r18-116-h#309986607

But you also did not run the door flare from the fender flares, that makes the picture different also...

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I understand, I found some nice rubber for my rims already, it's waiting on money now. Will start working tomorrow again after a burn-out period. All sthe moneys sgone.... But got some goodyears for a good price, €141 each. https://www.oponeo.nl/band/goodyear-efficientgrip-suv-275-65-r18-116-h#309986607

But you also did not run the door flare from the fender flares, that makes the picture different also...
Yea the boot flare piece is held on by double sided tape. I didn’t want to keep adding tape and taking it off. It’s not ideal. The full pieces can be attached and removed with plastic rivets so it’s easier. Once I paint to match I’ll attach the door piece to get the full effect.

Is covid messing things up over there as much as it is here ?

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the boot flare piece is held on by double sided tape. I didn’t want to keep adding tape and taking it off. It’s not ideal. The full pieces can be attached and removed with plastic rivets so it’s easier. Once I paint to match I’ll attach the door piece to get the full effect.

Is covid messing things up over there as much as it is here ?
Oh alright, how are the upper parts of the fenders holding on then? My aftermarket set also got tape there.. Curious how it will look painted!

Yeah we are in a lock down as well. And has just extended until end of Jan. or something. Actually I try not to focus to much on it. They just began vaccinate people but there is a lot of discussion why we started with the primary healthcare people instead of the old people. And we have the English variant also now who is spreading faster. But my opinion is that the world and economy will be destroyed after this, and then the shit will start I think.. How is America? Different per state isn't it?

And that is why I love the Chevy, it will drive forever with good maintenance :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505