05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
So few weeks ago the night before I left for work I was driving to find winter boots for work and heard a clunk in the front drivers side. I drive straight home and heard it clunk one more time. Not far, within 2-3 miles from home.
Parked the hoe and went to work next day for 2 weeks. Now that I’m back it’s a bit hectic and I was obviously bombarded by the holidays so I won’t be able to take a look at it till my next time off.

But I figure I would ask in here for some ideas and random opinions lol.

Still turns normally and alignment was already bad before this happened. But now the drivers side is about an inch lower than before. I’m hoping it’s the easiest and my first thought which is a blown shock (it’s never that easy right lol) . But I did put $30 kyb shocks in last spring so it wouldn’t be a surprise.

I’m not super familiar with the front suspension components so I’m not sure what would cause one side to go lower.
But I’ll find out my next time off. Mean time I’ll get ready to rebuild my entire front end. I’ll order new bilstien shocks, moog or energy bushings, rotors and pads, and either UCAs with camber adjusters or spindles....not sure on that yet.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So few weeks ago the night before I left for work I was driving to find winter boots for work and heard a clunk in the front drivers side. I drive straight home and heard it clunk one more time. Not far, within 2-3 miles from home.
Parked the hoe and went to work next day for 2 weeks. Now that I’m back it’s a bit hectic and I was obviously bombarded by the holidays so I won’t be able to take a look at it till my next time off.

But I figure I would ask in here for some ideas and random opinions lol.

Still turns normally and alignment was already bad before this happened. But now the drivers side is about an inch lower than before. I’m hoping it’s the easiest and my first thought which is a blown shock (it’s never that easy right lol) . But I did put $30 kyb shocks in last spring so it wouldn’t be a surprise.

I’m not super familiar with the front suspension components so I’m not sure what would cause one side to go lower.
But I’ll find out my next time off. Mean time I’ll get ready to rebuild my entire front end. I’ll order new bilstien shocks, moog or energy bushings, rotors and pads, and either UCAs with camber adjusters or spindles....not sure on that yet.
Kybs suck! Just saying. It was a big waste of $$ for me.View attachment 237888
Bought the "Excels" iirc. They're not built to hold the weight of the Hoes imo. Felt fine for maybe a month, then the handling went down hill quick.IMAG1300001_1541794293671_001.jpg
Mine has ZW7--look at the difference.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shocks don't support weight so a blown one wouldn't make it lower. Not saying your shocks aren't bad, though.

Check the jounce stop on the driver's side. Maybe it broke off and the LCA is bottoming out on the jounce stop mount.

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts