05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
So I only know how to replace stuff that I’ve had to replace, if that makes sense lol. Steering isn’t one of them. I smacked a curb head on pretty hard few weeks ago. The alignment was slightly off but nothing seemed broken. After I put the 26” wheels I think they loosened up what might have been damaged and now when I hit bumps there’s a clanking. Not when I turn though. I feel like its the tie rod. But with it up in the air I can’t mimic the sound. I have a buddy who builds bag trucks that lay frame look at it this week. Fingers crossed it’s nothing too major.

02AD87D5-DF4C-46A6-9B01-EC1EC0FA694A.jpeg

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I only know how to replace stuff that I’ve had to replace, if that makes sense lol. Steering isn’t one of them. I smacked a curb head on pretty hard few weeks ago. The alignment was slightly off but nothing seemed broken. After I put the 26” wheels I think they loosened up what might have been damaged and now when I hit bumps there’s a clanking. Not when I turn though. I feel like its the tie rod. But with it up in the air I can’t mimic the sound. I have a buddy who builds bag trucks that lay frame look at it this week. Fingers crossed it’s nothing too major.

View attachment 223562
Upgrade those sway bar links while you are in there.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Upgrade those sway bar links while you are in there.
I know, those are next on the list. All the cool stuff is done. Now time to focus on mechanics and maintenance. But for the most part everything should be good-n-tight. This is the first mechanical issue I’ve had with it besides alternator. It had a full something like 200 point inspection when I bought it. I baby it so if it’s not broke I probably won’t upgrade anything. But we will see. First I need a job and money lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I know, those are next on the list. All the cool stuff is done. Now time to focus on mechanics and maintenance. But for the most part everything should be good-n-tight. This is the first mechanical issue I’ve had with it besides alternator. It had a full something like 200 point inspection when I bought it. I baby it so if it’s not broke I probably won’t upgrade anything. But we will see. First I need a job and money lol
Hope you get it sorted out, and nothing too serious.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
So....um.... my weak ass didn’t tighten the calipers down tight enough and it came loose. That was the sound I was hearing :facepalm: . @ScottyBoy can let us know what could’ve happened if that caliper came off on the hwy:bawl:

So I tightened down the caliper (100 lbs) and the sound was gone. But my alignment was still off so I took it in to the shop just to find out it can not be aligned because it needs parts . So next posts and mods will be pretty boringD8A3F28D-61F4-4871-83C2-D2BDF07F0D18.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So....um.... my weak ass didn’t tighten the calipers down tight enough and it came loose. That was the sound I was hearing :facepalm: . @ScottyBoy can let us know what could’ve happened if that caliper came off on the hwy:bawl:

So I tightened down the caliper (100 lbs) and the sound was gone. But my alignment was still off so I took it in to the shop just to find out it can not be aligned because it needs parts . So next posts and mods will be pretty boringView attachment 223641
Pitman and idler arm is typical. Real lucky on the caliper!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

So I tightened down the caliper (100 lbs) and the sound was gone. But my alignment was still off so I took it in to the shop just to find out it can not be aligned because it needs parts . So next posts and mods will be pretty boringView attachment 223641

Is the phone # not working, or your mechanic is #notworking? Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442