05 Tahoe rear ac not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kohnny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is my first post on the forum so I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I drive an 05 Tahoe and the rear ac on the back of my center console hasn’t been working. Every time I try to turn it on the screen just says off, this has only been a recent problem and I haven’t been able to find out the root of it on my own for the last month. It’s been preventing me from going on movie dates with my girlfriend in the truck if anyone can help give me some solutions or guidance to fix this it would be much appreciated.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most often break is the blower motor in the rear, the blower motor resistor, or both. A Secondary cause is broken wires between the blower motor and the controls in the front. Finally, you can have fuses out, or the controls in the front can be out. In our case, a 2005 Suburban 1500, it was warn wires on the passenger side.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
This is my first post on the forum so I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I drive an 05 Tahoe and the rear ac on the back of my center console hasn’t been working. Every time I try to turn it on the screen just says off, this has only been a recent problem and I haven’t been able to find out the root of it on my own for the last month. It’s been preventing me from going on movie dates with my girlfriend in the truck if anyone can help give me some solutions or guidance to fix this it would be much appreciated.
This may sound stupid, but are you sure the knob on the upper front control panel isn't turned to off? Without going outside to look, I think it needs to be on AUX for the rear to take its own control over the system.

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Place all the controls in Automatic, adjust temp setting to 60 degrees. Let engine run and after 5 or 6 minutes check the for fan speed and air temperature condition for all vents. The system functions best when in automatic mode. Just adjust the temperature control left, right and rear. These are large vehicles and does take a few minutes to cool the interier.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THe rear HVAC has its own control module and it is located near the blend door/Blower/Evaporator for the rear. They are all underneath the plastic passenger side cover just forward of the rear wheel well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts