05 Denali Driver's Seat issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
I misunderstood your post. The way it read sounded like it didn’t actually have heated seats. That’s why I was confused. My bad.

No worries, yeah the lack of heated seats was just a symptom of the problem. Also have the kinks figured out on this denali, the compressor is shot, got it to kick on but it immediately leaked out all of it's freon, so that's next on the list. But she did get new hubs up front this weekend so she's safe to drive now. She got a new oil pressure sensor but the IC still reads maxed out, so either a bad sensor or a bad IC. I'm going to hook something up to it some time and see if i can live stream the data and see what the computer is seeing in terms of oil pressure. I suspect the IC needs repaired since the fuel gauge is also wonky. And while going through the hubs noticed the pitman arm and idler arms need to be replaced which isn't surprising. Being an older rig with 178k miles, i was expecting to find plenty of deferred maintenance items, especially at the price i paid for it

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries, yeah the lack of heated seats was just a symptom of the problem. Also have the kinks figured out on this denali, the compressor is shot, got it to kick on but it immediately leaked out all of it's freon, so that's next on the list. But she did get new hubs up front this weekend so she's safe to drive now. She got a new oil pressure sensor but the IC still reads maxed out, so either a bad sensor or a bad IC. I'm going to hook something up to it some time and see if i can live stream the data and see what the computer is seeing in terms of oil pressure. I suspect the IC needs repaired since the fuel gauge is also wonky. And while going through the hubs noticed the pitman arm and idler arms need to be replaced which isn't surprising. Being an older rig with 178k miles, i was expecting to find plenty of deferred maintenance items, especially at the price i paid for it

Grab yourself a techII scan tool. You will be able to see just about everything communicating electronically in the truck, on the techII. A lot better than just sorta parts cannoning stuff and hoping it solves the issues.

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
Grab yourself a techII scan tool. You will be able to see just about everything communicating electronically in the truck, on the techII. A lot better than just sorta parts cannoning stuff and hoping it solves the issues.

Nah, techII isn't neccesary these days. You can see a lot with a lot of things. Was able to confirm oil pressure is good in the computer, so confirmed the IC needs repaired. I'll be pulling that this weekend and sending it off to be pulled and customized I think i might rename this thread though, it's spun off into me rambling about all the various things i've been doing to the Denali.

Got the AC recharged, was able to gett the boss man discount on it since i ended up sitting there BSing and talking shop with the owner of the shop. Being a cummins guy, we were able to ride on one of his employees about the kids 02 Ram Cummins and the things that were right and the things the needed fixed. Plus talked about a bunch of other stuff. Always fun to get to BS and do some shop talk from time to time. Turns out the accumulator was bad too, so glad we replaced that along with the compressor to get the warranty on the compressor from Napa. Ice cold AC the entire way home, so i'm pretty happy about that.

This weekends i'll be pulling the IC out, installing a new radio (Jensen 110W from Crutchfield) swapping out the light switch (i've had a couple issues with it keeping lights on, figured for how cheap it is, i'll just throw a new one in) and then i'll be sending the IC off to get repaired on Monday. Also probably going to let it get some visual upgrades in the process because i'm bad with my money. Also ordered up new steering wheel buttons as most of mine no longer light up, and half of them are worn out to the point that they are more white then black. Part of the radio install will be adding a backup camera. So i'll have to debate between running it right in from the back like a lot of people do, or running it under the truck and up and into the cab using an existing gromet along the way. Also hoping to do some work on the truck this weekend too since the wife will be tied up elsewhere, i can work without interruptions. Guess i'll find out how far i get this weekend

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you get to crazy with the IP, what does the guage read when you turn the ignition on, but not start? What does it read when you turn off the ignition?

The stepper motors on these are a known issue, but if the guage goes to zero with key off, or key on engine off, and only maxes out with the engine running, likely thats a different problem.

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
I know it goes to off with the key off, but i'll have to double check with key on engine off. I have other issues with the IC so that repair is a going to happen regardless kind of thing. But if the oil gauge maintains issues after i get to do what everyone who has ever worked on vehicles loves to do. Dig into the wiring because at that point, i think that's all that's left to go over, since the sensor is reading properly, computer sees it properly, but IC reports it inaccurately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons