'05-'06 Electric Radiator Fan Wiring ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you '05- '06 GM truck owners that could double check their plug wiring on your electric fans for me? I purchased an OEM radiator fan electrical harness off of a member on here the guy he bought it from originally had cut both plugs off of the harness that connect directly to each radiator fan! I just installed that OEM harness as well as bought replacement plugs this weekend and after looking at the wiring schematic carefully I think I got the wiring spliced correctly but was hoping someone could open their hood and confirm for me either way! The harness that I switched from was an aftermarket and has only red and black wiring going from each plug so that was no help for me! I included a pic of both plugs and marked how I wired them up!

From drivers side to passenger side I have the wiring as:

Yellow, Gray, Black, Blue

Fan plugs.jpg

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also thought I'd note, I tested out the fans with AC on as well as when the truck was hot enough to engage the fans and all seems to work correctly, and both fans appear to be pulling the air towards the motor instead of pushing out to the front of the truck so it appears I have them wired correctly but just wanted confirmation anyways! Thanks in advance!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm no help, I'm running an aftermarket harness. But you can look and which pin is + and - on the aftermarket plug and then look at the wiring diagram to see with colors wires are + and - and match it up. Thats all the help I can offer lol

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, I have already done that but hoping for actually wire color confirmation to make sure I did it all correctly!

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still hoping for someone with a '05 or '06 can could just open the hood and look down at the plugs and confirm the wire colors for me, don't even have to unhook anything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe