0411 Swap- Is the grass really greener on the other side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been reading up on the 0411 swap and EFI Live, and I am contemplating this swap. I can get PCMs from my local junkyard for $30, and it seems as if they have a few 01-02 Express vans, and more Silverados. My first question is, what are the exact years and models that use the 0411 PCM, so I can properly search the junkyard? If anyone else is interested in doing the swap or needs PCMs, it seems as if this junkyard has a bunch, but won't know until I get there to see firsthand. If they do, I don't mind sending them to people that want one.

Also, EFI Live seems to be my nemesis, as I am not very good with self tuning and don't know how it works entirely (which means I should probably dive in and do it). Plus, the new wiring harnesses and re-pinning. I found a website that sells the 0411 swap kit, including tune and with pin-out sheets and connectors from Lextech for $240.

Would it be better for me to go with the swap kit that includes the 0411 and tune; buy a $30 0411, send it in to BB and have it tuned, then do the repinning, or do all of that and buy EFI Live (which is $900) to tune it myself?

Any help through this process would be great. I think my Tahoe has a tune on it already, considering the decent power it has with the lift and tires, and it revs up to 6000 RPM, if not more.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a little more research, I found the write-up on GMT Central, including the models and years of the 0411. 2001-2002 trucks, Fbodies, Corvettes, Express vans, etc, but will still need a pin-out diagram once I get the PCM. Seems like very beneficial upgrade.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump it!

Btw, if anyone on here, or other forums, needs a 0411 PCM, let me know. My junkyard has a bunch! I found 4, and didn't even look through everything.

Nash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking for a 411 PCM from 01- 02 Chevy Express Van with 5.7L.

Last edited:

Nash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bump it!

Btw, if anyone on here, or other forums, needs a 0411 PCM, let me know. My junkyard has a bunch! I found 4, and didn't even look through everything.

I am looking for a 411 PCM from 01- 02 Chevy Express Van with 5.7L. Are you still able to get the PCMs?

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a 411 PCM from 01- 02 Chevy Express Van with 5.7L. Are you still able to get the PCMs?

I can check my local junkyards for you. First I’ll check their inventory, and if I find anything I’ll let you know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec