04 suburban brake issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all from a newbie!! I have owned a 2004 suburban for about 5 yrs now. I just got done replacing all the brake lines and a rear brake caliper. The problem is I cannot get the brake to pressure up.I have bleed the brakes several times with no luck. I clamped all the rubber hoses at each wheel and the pedal is solid so I think the master cylinder is good. As soon as I unclamp the rear hoses the pedal goes to the floor. I have bleed a quart of fluid through the rear calipers and still no luck! Help!!!
Randy from Pa.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Randy74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No I am sure it is not procedure but I had no other way to isolate the master cyclinder. I isolated the rear brake line at the rear axle and I have a solid pedal. So I am guessing that it's from the junction block to the calipers. I can not find any leaks.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did at any point the master go dry? if it did you need to bleed the master first, then go bleed the rest.

OP
OP
R

Randy74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes it did and I did bleed it out.

OP
OP
R

Randy74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I had my step dad come and run the pedal an broke the fittings lose. I had lots of fluid.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you replaced one or both rear calipers? did you take both off? wondering if you put em on upside down. bleeders need to be up top when installed.

OP
OP
R

Randy74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok that I did not know. I replaced just the right rear caliper. And the new caliper has the bleeder on the bottom. So maybe they gave me the wrong one and I did not realize it.

OP
OP
R

Randy74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also the left rear caliper has blenders on the top and bottom and I have been bleeding it from the bottom bleeder.