04 Heater Core Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gobrowntruck21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04 GMC Yukon 1500/4wd/4.8L/4L60e

I'm replacing the heater core. Have the dash disconnected, now working on engine bay side. A/C is discharged and ?canister? is out of the way. Coolant drained. Next step is disconnecting the through firewall heater hoses. Not sure how to disconnect them. I can press in on the tab and slide the fitting back about an 1/8". But I'm afraid to just yank on EM. What is the trick?

image.jpg

Are these the right tools?
6e79e89cf52d63878615465df5935b9c.jpgI have about 6 different sizes of them. None seem like they work. Thanks for any input. -Brady

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gobrowntruck21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well update is I didn't need any tool. There's just a tab on top & bottom you squeeze & pull. Finally finished up this job. Gotta tell you, it's a PITA on the GMT800s. But, the knowledge, experience, & financial benefit of doing it myself was worth it I guess.

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well update is I didn't need any tool. There's just a tab on top & bottom you squeeze & pull. Finally finished up this job. Gotta tell you, it's a PITA on the GMT800s. But, the knowledge, experience, & financial benefit of doing it myself was worth it I guess.

Good going. I'm looking for threads discussing the replacement of all the hoses. The hoses look original and now with 100k miles so I want to replace them with OEM or possibly Gates. The top and bottom to the radiator are straightforward - but there are a bunch of other water hoses in there. My Tahoe 2006, 5.3L, non-flex, 2WD. I guess I need to keep digging. Some of the hoses look to have a special connection - not the ones at the firewall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts