04 cherry burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in 06 I drove one like it and it got good economy unless my ideas of good is far off I'd drive 70 miles to near towns on a 1/4 of a tank if I was reading gauge correctly ,so round trip loaded then unloaded bout half tank or less depending on cruise control

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
If that is your criteria, then I think you will be very happy. Mine, specifically, has the optional, secondary tank. That will get me between 400 and 450 miles, easy (in town!).

OP
OP
hectorotani

hectorotani

Reaction score
If that is your criteria, then I think you will be very happy. Mine, specifically, has the optional, secondary tank. That will get me between 400 and 450 miles, easy (in town!).
Nice!

OP
OP
hectorotani

hectorotani

Reaction score
Oh yes he sed between 4 n 5 k but fr me he will do less if I'm serious ,I told him I'd like to test it fr a few days wich he agreed ,I'm going Monday to pick it up

OP
OP
hectorotani

hectorotani

Reaction score
Yes gonna do trip odometer too see fuel mileage

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's as cherry as you say with a good body and good interior, $4k - $5k is not a bad price.

As far as MPG goes, mine gets decent MPG if I am (a) driving on long highways and (b) not pulling a trailer. I drove from Denver to Craig, CO (210 miles away) and back in 2017 to pick up a motorcycle sidecar (which fit in the back with plenty of room to spare.) My MPG for the trip was 18.5, hand calculated. Put another way, the 420 mile round trip used about 3/4 of a tank (about 22 gallons.)

Driving in town is a killer because every time you stop you then have to get nearly 3 tons of metal moving again. Pulling the trailer (20' travel trailer, 3500#) similarly kills MPG.

OP
OP
hectorotani

hectorotani

Reaction score
Mostly hwy,miles and also I may have a trip to Indiana from San Antonio tx ,yes even driver seat leather intact Bose radio sounds awesome and has rear French doors vs my Tahoe flip down...