03 tahoe z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis Watson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello guys I have a Tahoe Z71 and I'm having problems with my transmission shifting from reverse to park there is a small grind noise can anyone help with this I have no reverse either

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to go to the trans shop. You can check the shifter linkage on the driver side of the trans but grinding sound isn’t usually good. Check your fluid first.

est88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably toast man and will eventually seize. Take it home while it's still moving and start checking Craigslist for someone to put a used one in for you from a junk yard. Can get it done for 850-1100 depending if you need the transfer case too. Great thing about these trucks is that tons of people know how to work on them and can get fixes done for cheap. If you know a guy who can handle the labor for a case of beer, you can get a used trans for 250. Tcase 100 bucks out the door. Talk about economical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts