03 Tahoe Z71 - P0300...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my impala was doing something like that and it had a clogged injecter and it was a 5.3 it was more prone to do it when it warm for some reason

OP
OP
N

nritzell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was recently having p0300 come up on a 04, changed the intake gasket, plugs, wires coils, knock sensors, was still running like crap, shifting weird, changed the maf out, smoothed right out shifted correctly again, the maf code had come up right after doing everything else but I am sure it was getting bad before it threw the code, that stupid sensor does all kinds of weird stuff when they get bad.

I had the truck in last year for intake manifold gasket, if I remember correctly at that time we also replaced the MAF..

Back at the shop now so we'll see what they come up with hopefully.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the truck in last year for intake manifold gasket, if I remember correctly at that time we also replaced the MAF..

Back at the shop now so we'll see what they come up with hopefully.
well hopefully the shop can sort it out, that p0300 sometimes takes a shotgun method to get resolved, plugs, wires, coil packs, etc when it wont point to any one specific thing.

OP
OP
N

nritzell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a call from the shop.. At this point its looking like the cats are really stopped up, they've been diagnosing it since 7 this morning, pulled o2 sensors and they were black, he said its Cyl 1,3,5 and 7 missing, they swapped sides on the o2 sensors and it barely wanted to run...

Waiting to hear back more.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ouch if its that bad when u get it back its going to seem lik e a new ride

OP
OP
N

nritzell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Shop said they are taking it to the exhaust shop and having them inspect the cats... hopefully its just the one cat... they took out the upstream o2 sensor and it ran waaay better since the exhaust could escape there. fingers crossed its just 1 and not both!

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a call from the shop.. At this point its looking like the cats are really stopped up, they've been diagnosing it since 7 this morning, pulled o2 sensors and they were black, he said its Cyl 1,3,5 and 7 missing, they swapped sides on the o2 sensors and it barely wanted to run...

Waiting to hear back more.

This isn't the shop that said the cats were good earlier is it?

OP
OP
N

nritzell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This isn't the shop that said the cats were good earlier is it?

No it isn't.

Got the truck back, wow what a difference.

Thank you all for the help, gonna drive it around a bit tonight and make sure no more codes pop up.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it isn't.

Got the truck back, wow what a difference.

Thank you all for the help, gonna drive it around a bit tonight and make sure no more codes pop up.
Feels like it's got some serious power now, doesn't it? I remember when mine were clogged and I replaced them; felt like a whole new truck. Did they replace both of them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcuevas9026