03 Tahoe steering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the bolts holding new Heim joints too short.

Serch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe, it has been leveled and had nearly every steering/suspension component replaced over time. I've been having a steering problem since I bought the truck that hasn't gone away through various alignments from different shops. The truck drives fine in a straight line, but the steering feels really sensitive to turning it will almost pull into turns once you start making them, but the most annoying issue I am having is that the steering won't center itself on left hand turns, it centers pretty good when you make right hand turns. If you make a left turn it will just continue going in that direction until you center it yourself. Any suggestions for what might be going on here?
I had a similar problem with my tahoe, it turned out to be the steering box that was too tight, just need to loosen the adjusting screw that goes on the top.

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe, it has been leveled and had nearly every steering/suspension component replaced over time. I've been having a steering problem since I bought the truck that hasn't gone away through various alignments from different shops. The truck drives fine in a straight line, but the steering feels really sensitive to turning it will almost pull into turns once you start making them, but the most annoying issue I am having is that the steering won't center itself on left hand turns, it centers pretty good when you make right hand turns. If you make a left turn it will just continue going in that direction until you center it yourself. Any suggestions for what might be going on here?
Poor Returnability
Lack of lubricant in ball joint or linkage Lubricate and service
systems
Binding in linkage or ball joints See STEERING LINKAGE
and SUSPENSION article
Improper front end alignment See WHEEL ALIGNMENT
article
Improper tire pressure Inflate to proper pressure
Tie rod binding Inflate to proper pressure
Shaft seal rubbing shaft See STEERING COLUMN
article