03 escalade, dual climate control heater not blowing hot air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemitomcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

the heater in the escalade is not working. I can get the temperature to change from 60 to 80 on the dial. I can get the fan to go on from low to high. I have verified that the fuse is not blown. I have verified that the heater core is not leaking and the hoses to the heater core are both warm when the car is warmed up. So right now, it's looking like the door actuator or the heater control valve. Has anyone else had this type of experience? I would be curious what solved the issue.
I also tried doing the car reset as per youtube. start & run the car for 2 minutes. Put the heater on auto. Turn the car off, remove the fuse for the Hvac. leave out for 2 minutes. Then reinsert. Then start and run the car for 2 minutes. turn car off for 1 minute. Then restart car and take the controls off of auto and put to heat (I did 80 degrees). it blew hot air, but only for a second...

Is there a way to confirm if it's the actuator door (part #1572972) or the heater valve?

Thanks in advance

OP
OP
H

Hemitomcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HI All, I haven't given up on this issue. I have found that my coolant was low in the car. I filled that up. I also let the car run in the driveway for about 10 minutes. The hoses for the heater core both became hot. I also turned on the heat for the rear (2nd & 3rd row) seats, and that is also blowing non heated air. (It's room temp, but not hot.) Any other suggestions???

Fjs0001

Reaction score
I’m having the same problem and haven’t figured it out yet. My engine threw a code saying that the motor was too cold. My gage says 187. I replaced the thermostat and the code hasn’t come back, but my engine temp is still 187.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wine unusual for both blend doors to go bad at the same time but I guess could happen. If the hoses are hot and the fan blows the blend door is what’s left.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m having the same problem and haven’t figured it out yet. My engine threw a code saying that the motor was too cold. My gage says 187. I replaced the thermostat and the code hasn’t come back, but my engine temp is still 187.
There was a long post on the same low temp problem a few months back do a Seay for low temp I can’t remember the culprit