03-06 steering wheel on 02 Yukon?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post from people like this that say stuff works or does not work when they dont know first hand if it does or not really pisses me off. If you dont know for a fact and your going off what you have heard, read, or been told then you have no business giving other people advice and telling them how to do something. The people come to these forms looking for help so say you sit here and tell him yeah it works it works it fits and they go out and spend 300 or more on a wheel spend the time to pull it and go to put it on and noticed that the 03 and newer the diameter of the shaft is bigger and it has two dead spots in it where you have to line them up in the 02 and under there's no possible way to get it to go on there. And as far as the steering column goes can't just swap the whole column out either and make it work cuz the all the wiring harness on a 03+ is different. I seen something like this happened on almost every post I have looked up for advice or answers is always an argument on here about if it can or can't be done. I really wish people would stop doing that.

AGearHead4Life

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I feel the reason that the threads on this subject give conflicting information is likely because to make this work would be an advanced task and there’s a mixture of experience levels on here.

I believe that it is possible to mount a 03-07 steering wheel in a 99-02 because I’m working on it now.

The catch is that you have to swap out the splined spindle our also. I did this today and it seems to fit well so far.

It’s not done yet though. I’m now working on finding a way to make the air bag work.

This is all on a text column out of the vehicle and on the bench.

If successful, I’ll be posting a full how to video on the AGearHead4Life YouTube Channel soon, hopefully.

E07836A8-0970-4FEE-BC9B-5D4571C50E07.jpeg

Last edited:

BRAAP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post from people like this that say stuff works or does not work when they dont know first hand if it does or not really pisses me off. If you dont know for a fact and your going off what you have heard, read, or been told then you have no business giving other people advice and telling them how to do something. The people come to these forms looking for help so say you sit here and tell him yeah it works it works it fits and they go out and spend 300 or more on a wheel spend the time to pull it and go to put it on and noticed that the 03 and newer the diameter of the shaft is bigger and it has two dead spots in it where you have to line them up in the 02 and under there's no possible way to get it to go on there. And as far as the steering column goes can't just swap the whole column out either and make it work cuz the all the wiring harness on a 03+ is different. I seen something like this happened on almost every post I have looked up for advice or answers is always an argument on here about if it can or can't be done. I really wish people would stop doing that.
There were several posts on the first page that mentioned the fact that the shafts were different, and there were posts discussing if swapping the entire column to make it work was possible. I only saw one person say it works. He was wrong obviously. I don’t see how you can blame anyone but yourself if you spent time and money trying it. The correct information was in the thread.

FishFreak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think what Braap (must be an mx rider?) was asking was if those two different diam/spline steering spindles are interchangeable on the OTHER end, to make the old column work with the newer steering wheel, because they LOOK similar from here. I'm interested in this swap too.

@AGearHead4Life can you tell us if that's so? Lol, I'm guessing that they're not because, that would be WAAY too easy and you woulda said so, to just swap out the steering spindles, find an '03-'06 2500, 3500 wheel and the whole thing works??

I take this back, I see from the other thread that the spindles in your pics are SAWED off short of the end...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon

Latest posts