02 Yukon XL 5.3l passlock issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remiel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A few days ago i went to start the wife's Yukon and got the start-run-quit sequence with the flashing security message. now it runs bit the security light stays on and kills the battery. replaced ignition cylinder, did relearn, checked for parasitic drain, all were either inconclusive or not the issue. Trich runs but both the daytime running lights and dome lights no longer work. also when i replaced the lock cylinder its started w/o the relearn like nothing was changed. any ideas? this is her dayly driver and we need it for a trip this weekend. any info or help is appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't done myself it but is just the housing around the steering column that the lock cylinder goes into, I had the dealer do mine when I had my nbs, it has a sensor in it that works in conjunction with the lock cylinder, you can order it online

OP
OP
Remiel

Remiel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well its still a issue, new BCM and lock cylinder, tried the bypass and security light still stays on and ruined the battery, heck it will start and run w/o a BCM hooked up. I am at my wits end with this and have run out of ideas and resources.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Return all that shit, have someone with an HP Tuner tune it out. Some folks will do it for as low as $50 or as much as $100. They tune out the requirement for the Theft signal from the BCM to the ECM. Believe me, I replaced housing, bcm, key cylinder and 6 months to the day the issue arose again but this time would not let me get into programming. Ultimately had it tuned out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat