02 Yukon slt 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omarrrr239

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Out of the blue my Yukon doesn’t turn after cycling the keys off and on. When I check under the hood I hear a clicking noise in the fuse box when I try to start the truck. I know for sure that there’s power from the key telling the truck to turn on. The fuel pump is working (because I hear it prime the lines)but no spark. I have to tap on every fuses and relay because it happens when I’m not near any tools or at home. I know for sure it’s not the battery or any fuel related but somewhere from spark to starter relay or fuse. I wanna see if anyone out there who have a 02 Yukon slt 5.3 or worked with one with the same issue and if it’s a known issues with the truck. It’s been going on for a while but I haven’t had the chance to check it out.

OP
OP
O

omarrrr239

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does it actually crank over? Or does it just click in the fuse box?
It crank over after I tap on the fuses and the relay. It happens out of nowhere. When it happens I check the fuse box n when I turn the key over it makes a clicking noise when I turn the key over to run.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
As @B-train said. In a pinch, lots of times a duplicate relay is the same and can be transferred in the relay box to get home. There can be systems in the relay box that all use the same relay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts