02 Yukon Denali PO420 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I took a chance and cleaned the MAF and new air filter... and so far (80 miles) no codes... I was getting them every 30 miles or so, maybe that did it? I'll update in a few more miles.... A friend suggested it might be that and/or loose conncections at the MAF, so I tighened and cleaned everything.... so far so good, I'll see... $350 to replace CAT.
Ummmmm....no. Lol.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been driving her to and from work all week... 28 miles a day, 5 days, no CEL.
I will update if it changes, but so far, that appears to have "fixed" it.

Vetkllr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been driving her to and from work all week... 28 miles a day, 5 days, no CEL.
I will update if it changes, but so far, that appears to have "fixed" it.

Any updates? I am having the same issue as well. I started off with a bunch of codes they were as follows;

P0137 HO2S Circuit low voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2 DTC Severity 2 of 3 Repair immediately if drivability issues.
P0101 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Performance.
P0332 Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2
P1516 Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance

First I decided to replace the whole throttle body. While I replaced it I unhooked the battery so that would clear the codes. After the repair. The check engine came back on and threw a code of
P0140 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2

so at this point I am thinking about replacing the driver side sensor after the cat. But I might try switching the sensors to see what happens. Any suggestions out there? I’m all ears.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am another week and 300+ more miles with no Check Engine light. It appears cleaning the MAF and new air filter made MY P0420 code go away...

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went on vacation, after couple hundred miles, came back and acting the same as before, can hardly make 30 miles before CEL again.... so, no joy....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018