02 yukon Denali Cluster issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hammer02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It started with my cluster along with my trip computer cutting off and back on as I hit bumps. Then it got worse cutting off more often on smaller bumps. Then yesterday it and the trip/info center above the CD changer both went off and stayed off. The cel and back illumination still work. The lights for the blinkers work as well. I've checked all fuses related to the instrument cluster. I've heard that maybe the cluster has just gone bad but I wo der if that would also cut power to the trip computer. I need a little help here. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Hammer02

Hammer02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: I just plugged in my code reader to clear the cel for an unrelated issue and when I plugged it in the cluster and trip computer came on! But wont stay on unless I leave the reader plugged in.Very confused now.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*Moved thread to the appropriate subforum.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s nothing worse than an intermittent electrical problem. I would start by looking at any and all grounds in that area. There might be one that those two modules share that’s corroded or loose.

Thatsquishykid717

Annoying guy with the loud stereo
Reaction score
So I had a similar issue with mine and it ended up being the connection at the back of the cluster. I re soldered the pins on the board. The 00-02 connector gets loose easily. Might not be your problem but could always check.