02 Yukon Denali Ac issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hammer02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my ac was recharged recently due to it not blowing cold air. That helped but not much. So I need a little help.

So here are a few things that may help figure this out.

First off the rear ac is cooler than the front.
The wife and I noticed one day the ac got colder as I turned a corner a little fast and sharp. Weird right?
The compressor still go on and off as normal.
No leaks.

I need to know some things I can check before I spend way too much money on parts I dont need. Thanks in advance.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d check the fan clutch as well. Mine started to fail right before I hit 100K

OP
OP
Hammer02

Hammer02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas...I'll check these things on my next day off and I'll get back with you guys with the results. More ideas are welcome.

Chris2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being the rear is colder?? How cold is colder. If it blows as cold as it should then I would suggest the front has either a clogged orfice tube or a bad blend door actuator. Verify blend door is working correctly. I would say the compressor is likely good since its strong enough to keep the rear ac cold as it's the furthest away. Bad fan clutch would effect both. Check your line going into the fire wall it should be getting cold if it is I would suspect blend door if not then I would suspect the orfice tube is to blame.

OP
OP
Hammer02

Hammer02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Being the rear is colder?? How cold is colder. If it blows as cold as it should then I would suggest the front has either a clogged orfice tube or a bad blend door actuator. Verify blend door is working correctly. I would say the compressor is likely good since its strong enough to keep the rear ac cold as it's the furthest away. Bad fan clutch would effect both. Check your line going into the fire wall it should be getting cold if it is I would suspect blend door if not then I would suspect the orfice tube is to blame.

It's not as cold as it should be...but just a little bit cooler than the front.

Chris2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If both systems are being affected then it could be fan clutch clogged condenser fins I would check the operation of the blend door in the front and then move on from there. Put a gauge on it and see what the pressure is of you have one.

Zeke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my ac was recharged recently due to it not blowing cold air. That helped but not much. So I need a little help.

The wife and I noticed one day the ac got colder as I turned a corner a little fast and sharp. Weird right?
No leaks.

I need to know some things I can check before I spend way too much money on parts I dont need. Thanks in advance.
My

No leaks.

My 03 Denali acted the same way last week. It ended up being the ac belt tensioner. Don’t ask me why the rear was colder than the front, but it was. Good luck

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the clue that tells you exactly what it is.
"The wife and I noticed one day the ac got colder as I turned a corner a little fast and sharp. Weird right?"

Not weird, what happened is your blend door swung back to the correct spot with the inertia. Used to happen to my Tahoe. Most likely your blend door (plastic) is broken (split), happened to my rear blend door as well come to think of it. It will work fine and not depending on how the split door spine catches with the other part and may or may not move it.

Your choices are to rip the dash apart in order to separate the plenum (I think that is right name) to replace the door with another plastic one. Or you can use a heater treater mod which will install an aluminum single door that is controlled by the bottom module. Google heater treater .com

The good - it is fairly easy to install, eliminates the top blend module which is hard to get too and replacement door is made of metal so will last a long time.

The bad - you eliminate the dual zone ac to one zone (my wife forgets this and adjusts her side - placebo effect) also you will have to cut open the plenum and create an access door. So the drivers side actually controls the temp for both driver and passenger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy