02 yukon 2500 rear end interchange?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brettny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My yukon 2500 needs a rear end. Pinion seal was leaking and i didnt keep a close enough eye on it. Needs ring/pinion and all bearings.

Its a 9.5in 14bolt Semi floater, 4.10(gt5) with the g80 locker.
Any one know what else will fit in this?

My part crossing of dif engines in trucks and vans didnt find much. Finding these 2500 SUVs in the junk yard is going to be tough.

Im not against swaping in a 10.5in 14bolt but i dont want to have to shorten the drive shaft...anything else is fair game.

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about rebuilding yours? Yours 9.5 SF 14 bolt is a desirable axle and what is generally swapped into lesser trucks.

TLDR; your rear end is desirable.

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's too expensive to get it rebuilt by a competent guy that knows about gearing. It would surely beat a used unit with unknown mileage/high miles. Usually depending on shop, some guys pick their own parts and they just have the guy gear it for 250-500 bucks. The gear set is the most expensive part and 100 for bearings the rest is just the labor. I mean its still expensive but thats what happens when you dont keep an eye on things.

OP
OP
B

Brettny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up ordering all the parts. And il be doing it my self. I have done them before but only on toyota 3rd member type diffs.

No one had a used one any where close to me so this is really my only option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons