02 Tahoe mode door issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This^^^
I threw parts at our Envoy until I had a Tech2. It's fixed now.
Thanks George. I am fortunate I have my one owner Tahoe with a bad Trans for a parts truck for my Yukon. It has saved me on parts a few times.

Last edited:

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could use one now.

Update. I watched a YouTube vid with GM Techs using a 9 volt battery and wires to bring the actuator back into the proper range. I tested my new ac delco mode actuator before installing it and it went too far and would not work after that. The battery method did not work for me so I took the cover off the actuator and manually brought it back into range by turning the worm gear with my finger for about five minutes. After that the battery worked and the actuator started working like the techs demonstrated NO Tech 2 needed. My new Delco actuator had two white dots in the center of the range so I backed it back up to that spot. After I installed it I turned the key on and the actuator went through the entire range and returned back to the middle. I did not disconnect the battery or anything just turned the key on and it did the Recalibration all by itself and works great.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Update. I watched a YouTube vid with GM Techs using a 9 volt battery and wires to bring the actuator back into the proper range. I tested my new ac delco mode actuator before installing it and it went too far and would not work after that. The battery method did not work for me so I took the cover off the actuator and manually brought it back into range by turning the worm gear with my finger for about five minutes. After that the battery worked and the actuator started working like the techs demonstrated NO Tech 2 needed. My new Delco actuator had two white dots in the center of the range so I backed it back up to that spot. After I installed it I turned the key on and the actuator went through the entire range and returned back to the middle. I did not disconnect the battery or anything just turned the key on and it did the Recalibration all by itself and works great.
Good news.

DorothysTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This^^^
I threw parts at our Envoy until I had a Tech2. It's fixed now.
I've been throwing parts at my Wife's TAHOE CJ2 HVAC for a couple years now, multiple control heads, computer modules, and actuators. Where do I get a Tech 2 with all the software and whatnot. Is there a suitable sub that's cheaper than the Tech 2?

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've been throwing parts at my Wife's TAHOE CJ2 HVAC for a couple years now, multiple control heads, computer modules, and actuators. Where do I get a Tech 2 with all the software and whatnot. Is there a suitable sub that's cheaper than the Tech 2?
Chinacardiags for a tech2
Lots of info here:

You can look into a VCXnano too.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I got my Tech 2 clone from Chinacardiags.com, it was just about $300 shipped. That was a fair price, but I see they have come down a bit more. Even better!

Things to consider in the decision:
Keeping any GM vehicle from this vintage, a Tech 2 is worth way more than $300.

While good bi-directional scan tools will allow you to see what modules and components are doing and able to make motors and things turn on and off to see what is working or not, the Tech 2 has a number of tests and diagnostic tools not included in other tools.

Also... The Field Service Manual (FSM) is specifically written for use with a Tech 2. The FSM has diagnostic tables for every function and the instructions on what to do and what you should see is geared for the Tech 2 menus.

Can you use the detailed instructions in the FSM with another bi-directional tool? Sure.

But since the FSM is for the Tech 2 and the Tech 2 has other built-in features specific to these vehicles... A Tech 2 could make diagnosis go faster for you.

If you have other non-GM vehicles of different ages, then another tool might make sense.

If older GMs are what you are going to have long-term, then a Tech 2 might just make diagnosis and repairs faster and a little easier with some of the built-in features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345