02 Base for my son

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Fluid filter and hoses got changed and now it’s ready to go. I’m gonna change the lights but haven’t found a set that I want yet. The LED Western Nighthawk lights are $850 so that’s not happening. I’ll find something. But for now, I can push snow if it happens before I find lights.
9E4E079D-1CE1-42B4-9944-8387337A78EA.jpeg

Drove the Caddy to work tonight. Thing fired right up so it definitely was the coins in the 12v outlet. Kids!
Brought my trailer to work to pack the bearings. A buddy is gonna take it 2mrw to go pick up his new sled. I have my old riding partner back! More on that later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Nice work as always!

How's the foot holding up?

Foot still not doing so well. Have an MRI scheduled for the 9th to see if maybe it’s torn. Have to wear a stupid boot while I sleep which makes it hard to get any good sleep because it gets caught on and wrapped up in blanket and wakes me up. Hate this, but I appreciate you asking. I’ll update when I know more. Until then I’m gonna keep hopping along.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Foot still not doing so well. Have an MRI scheduled for the 9th to see if maybe it’s torn. Have to wear a stupid boot while I sleep which makes it hard to get any good sleep because it gets caught on and wrapped up in blanket and wakes me up. Hate this, but I appreciate you asking. I’ll update when I know more. Until then I’m gonna keep hopping along.
Hopefully you get it sorted out. Don't over do it in the mean time though.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I think this year is gonna be a good one for snowfall. Even though I’m spread thin and don’t get much sleep as it is, I decided I’m going to use this truck and plow to help others and not charge them. Sure, I could get out there and make some extra cash but I think this is going to be more fulfilling.
68DEB910-53DF-4504-A711-3340EE12468D.jpeg

It didn’t take long and I have about 6 stops already that I’m gonna do. A 96 year old couple that have nurses visiting 2-3 times a day, an 86 year woman, a 78 year old with Parkinson’s, and 3 others that are on the list but have to see if they make the cut. I’m gonna take the more “in need” and maybe get up to 20 if they are all close.
Have a few people already wanting to help out with donations too. I’m not sure if I’m gonna take any money from anyone unless it gets to be too much. This is gonna be wear and tear on my truck and plow, diesel isn’t cheap and I’m always short on time but I think this is gonna be good for me and hopefully inspiring to my kids. If there are a lot of people that are in need of this service I might look into a non for profit 501(c)(3) and try to hire more drivers and pay them from donations. I think it would be nice if I can get businesses to donate, it would be a tax write off and good exposure for them, cover any expenses and help people. Definitely getting good feedback from people on it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I think this year is gonna be a good one for snowfall. Even though I’m spread thin and don’t get much sleep as it is, I decided I’m going to use this truck and plow to help others and not charge them. Sure, I could get out there and make some extra cash but I think this is going to be more fulfilling.
View attachment 384405

It didn’t take long and I have about 6 stops already that I’m gonna do. A 96 year old couple that have nurses visiting 2-3 times a day, an 86 year woman, a 78 year old with Parkinson’s, and 3 others that are on the list but have to see if they make the cut. I’m gonna take the more “in need” and maybe get up to 20 if they are all close.
Have a few people already wanting to help out with donations too. I’m not sure if I’m gonna take any money from anyone unless it gets to be too much. This is gonna be wear and tear on my truck and plow, diesel isn’t cheap and I’m always short on time but I think this is gonna be good for me and hopefully inspiring to my kids. If there are a lot of people that are in need of this service I might look into a non for profit 501(c)(3) and try to hire more drivers and pay them from donations. I think it would be nice if I can get businesses to donate, it would be a tax write off and good exposure for them, cover any expenses and help people. Definitely getting good feedback from people on it.
This says a lot about you my friend. Maybe your son would be willing to help out too. Your setting a great example for your kids to follow.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
This says a lot about you my friend. Maybe your son would be willing to help out too. Your setting a great example for your kids to follow.

Thanks buddy, that means a lot.

Getting ready to head north for the weekend. Gotta get that garage in order for the season. I had to work 12 hrs last night and should have gone to sleep when I got home but I was getting things together to go up. Now it’s almost too late to nap. Might have to let my brother drive my truck, be safer that way. We are gonna try to rent a concrete grinder to take down that high concrete and then move everything in. No rest for me this weekend. I’ll update when I get back. Have a good weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989