02 5.3l fuel injector o rings help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, decided to pull my fuel injector rail while i had the intake off for the knock sensor replacement...after cleaning these with the B12...i noticed this "fixed" ring was broken. I say fixed because this same ring on the other 7 don't move. My o ring kit did not come with anything extra except the 8 Orange and black ones. Any idea if this is an issue? Isnitnok to put back or do I need a new injector? Or is there an o ring that replaces This? Thanks for the insight.

20190814_190346.jpg 20190814_190325.jpg

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that used to be a o ring, the orange ones you have should fit. id change em all.

OP
OP
Livebai8

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive already pulled all the orange and black o rings off...all other injectors have this ring only this one is the only one that is split. These rings seem fixed...they don't move...almost like to keep the o ring from coming off...the o ring was below these black ring things. 99ed2319f588dccaa9a02403bec9a5ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
likely dry rotted. the new o rings will look fatter. ive had em fall apart before.

OP
OP
Livebai8

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I need to pull them all off then? I already pulled all the orange and black rings off...these feel fixed?? I tried tolling them and lifting then and nada? I'll probably take to the chevy counter and ask about it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I guess I need to pull them all off then? I already pulled all the orange and black rings off...these feel fixed?? I tried tolling them and lifting then and nada? I'll probably take to the chevy counter and ask about it.

I'm thinking you're right about retainers for the o ring. You can see it on these... different brands seem to vary a bit. Not really sure how critical it is.

Fuel-Injectors-25326903-12580426-FJ502-For-Chevrolet.jpg_220x220.jpg

OP
OP
Livebai8

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...that makes sense. I thought that's what they might be but really wasnt sure. I know theyre on their fixed and are solid...just this one has that small separation and wasn't sure how critical it was/is to the performance...it should do it's job then. I'll mark it in case some thing comes up. Thanks for the help and input.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Ok...that makes sense. I thought that's what they might be but really wasnt sure. I know theyre on their fixed and are solid...just this one has that small separation and wasn't sure how critical it was/is to the performance...it should do it's job then. I'll mark it in case some thing comes up. Thanks for the help and input.

I can't imagine it would matter. The o ring is making the seal. The only thing I could think is if would allow the injector to "walk" out, or leave the oring behind when you remove it. Wish I could answer definitively, sorry.

OP
OP
Livebai8

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These were all in the intake and rails securely. I'll check and see if the o rings pops off easy or if this thing holds it on place.. thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts