01 Yukon XL body roll too soft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KR66

Reaction score
I replaced everything under my Yukon a year ago, delco control arms and ball joints, billstein shocks (the rear was the shock/spring kit) all tie rods (delco), Pittman arm (delco), idler arm and bracket (Delco). Bump stops front and back Moog, sway bar bushings and links (Moog) it's been real soft and has a lot of body roll ? It has affected the long distance drivablity any imperfection in the road and It feels like I'm driving on soft ground? I have had the alignment checked several times! The tires are featherinng on the inside New at the time same tires as before the work, mostly on the driver's side? What else can I do to get it to drive like it did before I took the Nivomat shocks off? This is when the problems started and I replaced everything trying to get the ride back. It's at stock height also. No aftermarket modifications were ever done to it except the Bilstein conversation.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would guess you need a stiffer shock. What Bilstein shocks did you install? You can also go to the harder sway bar frame bushings and links. Like the polyurethane ones and can even go with a performance set up for them.

Reaction score
I replaced everything under my Yukon a year ago, delco control arms and ball joints, billstein shocks (the rear was the shock/spring kit) all tie rods (delco), Pittman arm (delco), idler arm and bracket (Delco). Bump stops front and back Moog, sway bar bushings and links (Moog) it's been real soft and has a lot of body roll ? It has affected the long distance drivablity any imperfection in the road and It feels like I'm driving on soft ground? I have had the alignment checked several times! The tires are featherinng on the inside New at the time same tires as before the work, mostly on the driver's side? What else can I do to get it to drive like it did before I took the Nivomat shocks off? This is when the problems started and I replaced everything trying to get the ride back. It's at stock height also. No aftermarket modifications were ever done to it except the Bilstein conversation.
Any fix for the body

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you pulled the Nivomats off you need to change the rear springs to Z71 springs with the regular shocks you have. The Nivomats hold part of the weight like the air bladders on the autoride shocks do. It’s gonna feel like a boat back there if you don’t. Bilstein 4600 shocks are the best you’ll do in that department at stock height. But replace those springs with the ones used on the Z71 and you’ll see what I mean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st