01 Tahoe no green backup wire by ebrake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

23sonthetahoe

Reaction score
Hi trying to get my backup cam working all info on this im finding says the light green backup wire is by ebrake behind cover with the plastic nut. Easy right. Well I popped my cover and I literally hv 1 4 wire connector in there all orange wires. All the other spots are there with no other harnesses plugged into it . Help please lol. Its an 01 ls 4x4 with like less than base options cause it was a police car. I tapped into the tail light but it wont work there. Any other places for light green wires towards the front of truck ? Wonder why that location under the plastic nut cover is almost empty?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hi trying to get my backup cam working all info on this im finding says the light green backup wire is by ebrake behind cover with the plastic nut. Easy right. Well I popped my cover and I literally hv 1 4 wire connector in there all orange wires. All the other spots are there with no other harnesses plugged into it . Help please lol. Its an 01 ls 4x4 with like less than base options cause it was a police car. I tapped into the tail light but it wont work there. Any other places for light green wires towards the front of truck ? Wonder why that location under the plastic nut cover is almost empty?
Did you try tapping into the reverse light in the tail light?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, you may get more help in the 01 section as this is the 15-20 section and I am pretty sure the wiring has changed. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345