01 durango slt 5.9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
god i hate my phone right now

might be taking

another forum hiatus if my phone keeps acting.up no i didn't intentionally type it like this my phone randomly does random stuff while typing on forums.

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
magnaflow y pipe and dynomax with thier welded straight through muffler installed. sounds amazing btw

brakes are also now fully operational. had a wheel cylinder give out after the initial repairs. eventually drum to disc conversion but for now its got brakes again.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang…. Been missing my little Durango lately. Almost tempted to find one. And I’d love a 5.9 variant. My SLT plus had the 4.7 but it jammed pretty good. And then I drove a close girlfriend from high schools Durango that had a 5.9 R/T abs damnnnnnnnn did that thing jam hahaha. It was quick!

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang…. Been missing my little Durango lately. Almost tempted to find one. And I’d love a 5.9 variant. My SLT plus had the 4.7 but it jammed pretty good. And then I drove a close girlfriend from high schools Durango that had a 5.9 R/T abs damnnnnnnnn did that thing jam hahaha. It was quick!
supposedly i will lose a little low end with this intake but it will permanently solve the issues with the stock kegger intake.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had 2 co-workers had those trucks they got a VERY LONG good life out of them.

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so truck runs amazing. i didnt notice any loss on the low end and it seems extremely more responsive. the previous condition of the truck still has me chasing annoying issues but ive got most of them ironed out. did the front brakes a bit ago and now the driver side caliper is hanging. replaced the front o2 sensor for a fault now the back sensor is faulted.
also yes my brakes always get greased with the good stuff. ofcourse my luck continues to be crap. the day i was about done just putting the accessories back on i heard a breaker trip behind me...... yup well pump died. oh it died because the well tank was shot? oh should i just hack my damn arm off now or later?

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brakes are re-re-re-re-fixed lol
so took her out for a longer drive now that i wasn't concerned with setting my pads on fire. DEFINITELY runs way better. the mfg claims alot of people see better mpg ontop of everything else. still no noticed loss on the low end it even feels possibly stronger better around 1500. climbs the hills near my house easily with no need to downshift anymore. ill find out about mpg on Tuesday and Wednesday.