01 denali Thunderform install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Justplayinn

Justplayinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a reconditioned one on eBay for $142 last weekend...sounds 10x better than the under the seat 10" I had!!!

Just do it!!!

OP
OP
Justplayinn

Justplayinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No comparison .... The Bose sub is HORRIABLE compared to this set up ! Probably 100x better! Now my rear view mirror vibrates when it's turned up , I have a different sub than original in mtx box...the mtx is ok doesn't hit nearly as hard ad the Polk!

sparks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what model sub are you using, and what amp? also....lucky punk for snagging one of those at half price, it figures the one week im too busy to prowl ebay and I miss a score like that lol

OP
OP
Justplayinn

Justplayinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the Polk mm1040... Running the jl original 250/1

The same seller sold one a few weeks back and it went for 200$ got lucky and got it for $142 think he sells them all the time on there ... Seller name is "the stereo direct "

sparks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sub looks pretty bad ass for a shallow mount 10". definitely the setup I will go with. how close id the sub to the back of the trim panel when its installed? you mentioned it was touching, Im considering doing one of the polk grills and just cutting away the old factory grill perforations.

OP
OP
Justplayinn

Justplayinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's about 3/4" .... I pulled the panel at the bottom out about 3/4" and it's fine now

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is old but...did you try the stock Bose amp? It's 100 watts. I'm probably going the same route but never cared for MTX subs or amps, and they charge $200 for their sub and $100 for their amp when bought as a combo unit.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished mine using a JL 10" sub and Soundstream Nano monoblock amp. Sounds great but now I need to find a rattle...