01 Cabin Air Filter Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who ever replaced mine cramed 3 in there lol. I don't know how they did but they did. Then one day my a/c started blowing not as hard. I checked the filters and saw the dumbass crammed 3 in there. I took them out and works fine now. One of these days ill put new ones in.

00yukonxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yea, replaced mine last year. can't be breathing that junk and dust in all the time. totally a simple maintenance item you forget about.
cabfilters.jpg

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did mine last week and it was pretty nasty. maybe its just me but it seems like the fan actually blows more forceful on high now unlike before

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed mine last year when I bought my 2001. I wish I took pics. So much debris came out with the filters and the filters were covered in mold.

yukonic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 01 Yukon slt, do I need to take out the center console to unbolt the screws to the black kickpanel cover? I can't tell from members pics in this thread. Thanks in advance

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 Yukon slt, do I need to take out the center console to unbolt the screws to the black kickpanel cover? I can't tell from members pics in this thread. Thanks in advance

No, there's only 3 screws holding the cover on under the glove box. You can get to all three from the bottom with a small socket.

C Hoov

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do all 01's have filters? if so, guess I should take a look at mine since it's 12 yo and 113K miles. Had no idea that it even existed!!! LMAO

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
so i suppose all this junk everyone is showing on their filters just convenientely enters inside the cabin of a 40-50k suv? lol... GM should have left this compartment untouched and at least gave the consumer an opportunity to add them at their expense.

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Replaced mine over the weekend and now my A/C is blowing harder. The wife is happy because it wasn't blowing at all, all it did was make a lot of noise. Simple install, should have done this yrs ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts