00-02 to 03-06 seat swap???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had anyone done this? I know the seats bolt up fine, and I'm aware there are some differences in the plugs for the power controls. What concerns me is the airbag compatibility. I remember someone saying once that its a different type of system for 03+ for the wheel and dash, but I cant find any info on the seat swap.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Which airbags? We don't have any in the seats. The 03-06 has an airbag pressure sensor in the passenger seat.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The airbag plug is the same. I swapped my 02 Denali seats for esky seats from an 04 and the only thing I was able to use was the power and ground to have the move, only downfall is that memory and heat is lost.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had anyone done this? I know the seats bolt up fine, and I'm aware there are some differences in the plugs for the power controls. What concerns me is the airbag compatibility. I remember someone saying once that its a different type of system for 03+ for the wheel and dash, but I cant find any info on the seat swap.
I'm doing something similar at mine I have a 2002 and I'm putting the seats out of an 04 Escalade in it I was trying to figure out that the same problem too but now I've just decided to pull the covers and foam off of the new seats and put them on my old tracks that way I don't have to worry about none of that

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing something similar at mine I have a 2002 and I'm putting the seats out of an 04 Escalade in it I was trying to figure out that the same problem too but now I've just decided to pull the covers and foam off of the new seats and put them on my old tracks that way I don't have to worry about none of that
Make sure you take the foam cushions off the 2004 seats as well and swap them to your 2002 seats, otherwise the leather cushion won’t fit properly and will slide around while you’re sitting on them.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you take the foam cushions off the 2004 seats as well and swap them to your 2002 seats, otherwise the leather cushion won’t fit properly and will slide around while you’re sitting on them.
Okay cool I was planning on doing that because the cushion on my driver seat is blown the F out that's why I bought the new seats to begin with plus I wanted the captain in the rear I don't know why nobody rides back there though but I like the way they look I guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14