00-01 Cat back different than 02-06

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.0L was different on the 00-06. It's a dual inlet to the muffler, with a single outlet. So there is no Y-pipe.

this isn’t entirely correct. When I pulled the factory muffler out of my 2006 Denali with an LQ4 6.0, it had dual in/out pipes and a Y just behind it to go to the single passenger side exhaust exit piping. Which is why I stayed with a dual in dual out magnaflow muffler.

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this isn’t entirely correct. When I pulled the factory muffler out of my 2006 Denali with an LQ4 6.0, it had dual in/out pipes and a Y just behind it to go to the single passenger side exhaust exit piping. Which is why I stayed with a dual in dual out magnaflow muffler.
I was referring to a Y-pipe coming from the manifolds into the muffler. This is what makes the 6.0L exhaust set up different than the 5.3, which has a Y-pipe and a single inlet at the muffler.
Interesting that they did that though.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was referring to a Y-pipe coming from the manifolds into the muffler. This is what makes the 6.0L exhaust set up different than the 5.3, which has a Y-pipe and a single inlet at the muffler.
Interesting that they did that though.
Oh I see what you’re saying.

HD_LS

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in buying it, I have a complete 6.0 Denali/ Escalade Magnaflow exhaust, with the 3.5 inch diameter muffler back pipe size & 4 inch tip. Used only about 200 miles...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24