“Mom can we have a new Tahoe- no we have Tahoe at home”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Thouse

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed the picture of your dog. He’s got a shit eating grin like he knows you scored a great ride and he’ll be riding shotgun

I saw that it was selling for almost $20K. I hope you were able to knock a few grand off that price. I know it’s in pristine condition, but $20K is a lot of money for a 15 year old truck. Did you buy it from the original owner or one of the family members?

If it hasn’t been done recently, I’d replace all the fluids, plugs, belts, etc. Because of how clean the frame is, I doubt fuel lines are rusty, but it never hurts to do a visual inspection. Other than that, I wouldn’t change a thing, except for maybe a new HU with Apple Car Play. I’m sure somebody would buy your old one. I’m sure a vehicle like that has all the service records too

Sadly I did not purchase just a local craigslist find. All excellent advice though thank you! Sorry to mislead if I did!

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No biggie, it’s a great find, except he wants about $8K (At least )too much. I’m guessing it probably sat in a garage without being driven for a long time. The downside of that is that the gas gets old and water collects in the tank and all the internal seals start to dry rot and eventually leak once the motor is run again. I’m not saying that’s the case with this one, but I’ve seen it before. The Carfax will ( could ) show how many miles it was driven a year. We’ve all heard the stories about the little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays or it was my Dad’s who died 12 years ago and it hasn’t been driven since.

Sadly I did not purchase just a local craigslist find. All excellent advice though thank you! Sorry to mislead if I did!

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the dog came with the Tahoe and bobbed his head up and down as it went down the road

It would be cool to slap a supercharger on it and have a nice little sleeper to cruise around in

Dog or the Tahoe lol?

OP
OP
Thouse

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d take both the dog and the Tahoe. As Danny said earlier that chihuahua does have a hilarious shit eating grin and seems like he would be a good sidekick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne