‘16 Yukon Xl MAG Ride Shock Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JaCrispy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Short story is I’m new to GM and rig is a ‘16 Yukon Xl Denali RPO Z95 with 70k on the clock. Rear magneride shock is leaking. Bit of a punch to the stomach for the OEM replacement approach. Did some searching on here and lots of recommendations on the Arnott conversion/swap. I’m sure I’ll face a firing squad for this, but anyone ever replace and have a positive outcome with a Dorman 949-705 magnetic shock replacement? Or is it just one of those things known not be said, and reason there is no discussion about it?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We discuss everything car related, it's how we know what works and what doesn't, what is a good deal, what is not and so on.

Many Dorman parts leave a lot to be desired. Going cheap usually delivers less than satisfactory results. The Magneride shocks are high tech and expensive and deliver a great ride on 22s with low profile tires.

This is not my baliwick, other's will chime in soon enough as they get off work.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your ride will change if you replace the Z95 suspension with something else. My recommendation is that you bite the bullet cost-wise and replace them with OEM shocks. Th rear shocks are easy to change yourself.

I know that Arnott makes replacement shocks for the Z55 suspension (before your Z95 suspension), and they act in the exact same manner as the OEM shocks. I don't know if Arnott makes an OEM style replacement for the Z95 suspension.

Other folks will chime in with their opinions and perspectives.

tuffguy23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Short story is I’m new to GM and rig is a ‘16 Yukon Xl Denali RPO Z95 with 70k on the clock. Rear magneride shock is leaking. Bit of a punch to the stomach for the OEM replacement approach. Did some searching on here and lots of recommendations on the Arnott conversion/swap. I’m sure I’ll face a firing squad for this, but anyone ever replace and have a positive outcome with a Dorman 949-705 magnetic shock replacement? Or is it just one of those things known not be said, and reason there is no discussion about it?
Hi, I replaced my leaking front magnaride struts with hydraulic conversion struts from Suncore Industries. What a difference! the ride is great and was about 1/3 the cost. 2015 Yukon Denali. I would check them out.