‘15 sunroof weather stripping detaching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpthompson84

Reaction score
Just noticed that when I retract my sunroof the passenger side weatherstripping retracts with the glass while the driver side does not. I’ve also noticed that the driver side seems to almost looks slightly unattached, even gets hung up sometimes on the sliding “headliner” portion where I have to push it up out of the way so I can close the interior part.

I was hoping somebody could look at their sunroof and tell me if when they retract the sunroof if either of the weatherstripping’s retract with the glass. Trying to figure out what normal looks like so I can work on the opposite side.

Thanks!!

EZ Money

Reaction score
Are you talking about the according style black vinyl that attached to the body and the glass? It comes off on mine too. It doesn't appear to be mechanically fastened. I have this same issue and I just press it back into place...it semi-secures with a pressure fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts