‘03 Yukon Owner Here coming from Econo Cars

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Rapmastac1, Jul 12, 2018 at 9:56 AM.

1. Rapmastac1

Rapmastac1 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Nick
    Good morning! My name is Nick, or Rapmastac1, and I just acquired a 2003 GMC Yukon with 199k miles. This is the first large vehicle I have ever owned besides my 2004 Nissan Quest from a couple years back. Im going to be getting sime pictures up soon, the Yukon is filthy! Ill get some after shots as well to show what a little elbow grease and know how can accomplish.

I got this because it was a great deal, the 4x4 is going to help when I move to the middle of nowhere during the winter. I also love camping, so this beast is perfect with the off road capability and interior space for my roommates and our dogs.

After I clean it up Im just going to chase down some gremlins. My goal is to go from the 31” tires to 35” tires and get maybe a 3” to 4” lift done. Do some touch up to the paint, and replace several bits and pieces in the interior.

Im a car salesman and have access to getting a lot of parts and labor at my employee discount. Any suggestions or input is totally welcome. I will get some pictures up later today.

TARDIS and Miami-Dade like this.
  2. about20ninj45

about20ninj45 Full Access Member

Name:
    Damien
    Welcome to the forum Nick! Sounds like you have some pretty good ideas, be sure to post up pic's and you should probably think about starting a build thread to keep track of changes and mods that you do to your rig.

3. Miami-Dade

Miami-Dade Super Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Gary
    Welcome from Miami Beach Nick!!

4. Rapmastac1

Rapmastac1 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Nick
    Thanks for the welcome guys. Here is a little something so far, first is before second is after. Amazing what a little elbow grease and knowing what product to use for what. It smells so nice inside! Fixed a lot of components while I was at it.

Some outside shots as well. The front bumper is dented messed up on the driver's side, I am planning on getting a new grill, headlights, and bumper down the road. The important thing is everything is on and nothing will fall off!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry, some images are showing up in preview but not showing up in post, free image uploading at its best.

5. about20ninj45

about20ninj45 Full Access Member

Name:
    Damien
    She Cleans up Nicely

6. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Full Access Member

Name:
    Tony
    Looks good. Welcome.

7. Rocket Man

Rocket Man Sometimes A Dumbass Supporting Member

Name:
    Mark
    Welcome. What product did you use for the carpet?

8. Rapmastac1

Rapmastac1 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Nick
    I used Resolve. They sell a kit at Wally World that has a scrubbing brush attachment. I used that as well as a hand brush. I'm going to hit the carpets again after my move.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rocket Man likes this.