ZW7 rear shocks ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maswindell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just replaced all shocks on my 04 Hoe, the rears I bought from Rock 580-354 were 3 " shorter than the ones installed from a previous owner. The only label readable was a partial Tenneco which I found out was Monroe. The previous owner changed some things but now I am finding this shock issue. It seems to ride ok but certainly harsher. If the OEM shocks were 3" shorter than the ones installed, can I assume he changed the springs, and if so How do I check ? The ride height seems to be the same. I notice on the ROCK invoice in says these shocks are manually adjustable is this true?

Cheere\s
Mike

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are Nivomats and self-leveling internally. Did you run your VIN through GMPartsDirect and see what was original to your truck?

People often replace these for lower quality shocks due to their expense. The previous owner may have then installed stiffer springs as the springs that go along with the Nivomats are softer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan