Z71 or LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfc_jones

Reaction score
Can’t say anything about Camaros etc. and not even referring to them in this thread wince we are talking about Tahoes, Yukons and Escalades after all.

The post I was quoting was talking about 07-08 Denalis and Escalades which do not have AFM. Well..., they have the hardware in place, but the system is not activated in the PCM.
Never heard of having the hardware in place but not using it. I have never heard of any 07-08 Denali that comes built without AFM. My point about the Camaro is when equipped with a manual tranny it doesn't have AFM. However it is still a LS based motor same as what is in the 07-08 Denali. I am actually thinking of putting a 6.2 pullout from a Camaro into my Tahoe. It wouldn't be a whole lot of work to do it. A few wiring changes unless I use my heads and intake and accessories and it would be even easier.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have also read many LS motors have the afm hardware but its not turned on the ecm.. @swathdiver ? .....
As far as a motor swap it is straight up and it will run with original tune too, not so well but it will run.

Last edited:

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of references of the 6.2 having the hardware but not activated in the PCM in the interwebs. Even from GM

Here's Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LS_based_GM_small-block_engine#4.06_in_bore_blocks_(2007–present)

The L92 was modified with Flex Fuel capability for MY 2009 and became the L9H, and was further modified with Active Fuel Management for MY 2010 (and becoming the L94) in the Cadillac Escalade and GMC Yukon Denali's (Active Fuel Management hardware was present in 2007 engines, but the software was not present in the PCM).

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The earliest L92 motors, those built before April 1, 2006 had AFM hardware but was not activated in the tune. The L9H does not have AFM and was used in GM SUVs in 2009 and some very late 2008 Tahoes and maybe until 2014 in the Yukon XLs. It was used until 2013 in the high end Sierras and Silverados as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne