Z71 leveled tire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ranger Medic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had Bilstein 5100 series shocks with the front 2 being rude height adjustable up to 2.5". I have them at 2.5" lift and running 285/70/17 BFG KO2.i have a little ribbing on the front tires and will be looking into it but nothing major. Hope that helps

View attachment 73035

View attachment 73036

Is this a 2017? If so the 5100s fit no problem? Truck looks great BTW!

Ranger Medic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I actually ended up putting a 2" level upfront and 285/65/18 Nitto Rieger Grapplers. Loving it.

View attachment 73037

I just picked up a truck that looks very similar to this (minus the tires and level kit) looking to do something very similar. Was hoping to find some coilover replacements to level her out but no luck so far so a kit may be in her future. Truck looks awesome!

Ranger Medic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Tahoe is a 2016 z71. 5100 fit no problem. Not sure on a 2017 but Bilstein designs them for easy install applications...thank u!

How much improvement would you say you got from the stock ride? I am debating whether to go with the Billies or to jump up to Kings or Fox. I don't really do near enough off road to justify the later two but i do want a much improved ride from stock. Did you do anything else like UCAs etc.?

Thanks for the help.

jake calvin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How much improvement would you say you got from the stock ride? I am debating whether to go with the Billies or to jump up to Kings or Fox. I don't really do near enough off road to justify the later two but i do want a much improved ride from stock. Did you do anything else like UCAs etc.?

Thanks for the help.
The Bilsteins I feel are a great improvement at low cost. Better than the z71 Rancho shock" ride...I have never had or been in a Tahoe with the King/Fox so I can't steer you away from them because they are quality products but I love how the Bilsteins work for me....even tho my wife is the one driving around the Tahoe with our babies in it

jonnyD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had Bilstein 5100 series shocks with the front 2 being rude height adjustable up to 2.5". I have them at 2.5" lift and running 285/70/17 BFG KO2.i have a little ribbing on the front tires and will be looking into it but nothing major. Hope that helps

View attachment 73035

View attachment 73036

EXACT look I'm going for with my 16 Denali. Level kit. 18in Method NV (might go bronze if I don't like I can always paint) My Denali is blacked out, I think the bronze will look good, but if I don't like I'm wrapping or painting right away!

ANYWAYS- so I see you went with a 0 offset, do your tires stick out at all?

I am going to go with a -12 offset, and some Ridge Grapplers, 33x12.50. I'm trying to get a wider stance maybe 2.5-3 inches sticking out from the wheel well, what do you think? will this do it?

I notice you went with 17s, more tire than rim type look which I think looks 100x better than some 20 or 22 with low profile "off road" tires haha.

Anyways I would love to hear your opinion... pros, cons, am I right?

lift kit running me about 200, tires and rims expensive.. all in all prob around 3k.

rubicon1976

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Toona I just purchased a 215 z71 and would like to run that exact setup. 2" leveling and 285/65/18 Tires. Does it rub at all? Did you have to trim?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts