Yukon SLT Display Themes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the 2017 Yukon SLT and have seen some with a customizable display similar to Denali and some SLT's without. Some of the Premium package SLT's have them, some don't. I'm confused....any rhyme or reason?

Thanks,
Mark

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The display is supposed to be optional and coupled with the hud. But I ordered a Tahoe and it came with it. Standard. I guess because it's premier model.??
No hud though. That is 600$ extra.

OP
OP
Mwbutcher

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on a 2017 SLT Premium Package and it like yours had it and no HUD. There was another SLT non Premium Package with it also. I really like the themes - very enjoyable and each is well done. I had a 2014 Sierra and while it was nice, the gauges in the Yukon are definitely a nice upgrade.

Michael Lewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally someone asking the same question as I am...I looked at 4 different SLT Premium Yukon's on my local lot - all had the new Denali like gauge package. Finally settle on one that the dealer has to trade for, with the line for line same build sheet, and when it shows up it has the old style gauges. Nobody at either GMC dealer can explain why some have it and some dont.

BWR7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It was a distribution update that GM did this year. They did the same thing to the LT Tahoes. I attached the distribution update list for the 2017 Yukons from GMfleetorder. The change is under the 03/20/2017 week. Not sure why they did it but I'm happy with it.

IMG_2412.PNG

OP
OP
Mwbutcher

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's sweet - thanks for the information. After having it for a month, I wouldn't want to go back to the smaller DIC. I just love the bigger display and the changeable themes!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mwbutcher

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also - my SLT was built 3/22/17 so got really lucky. It makes me feel like i got more bang for my buck since mine came with the Premium Edition too. She's loaded -

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dooba

Reaction score
Since the 8" cluster is standard equipment on the 17 SLT trim, would the dealer possibly swap the 4.2" for an 8" cluster on my 2016 SLT?

Michael Lewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If anyone has any luck getting the dealer to swap it please post. My 17 SLT Premium was built the week before the change :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos