Yukon/Escalade FULL interior swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukEscalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello folks! New here...

I just got myself a steal of a deal on a 2010 Yukon XL 2500.

It’s got base base base interior so here’s the plan. I’m going to buy a wrecked Escalade at auction and pull everything from roofliner to carpet (maybe skip the carpet) and put it in my yukey.

I know everything should fit fine but what I’m wondering is how the electrical will go... are all vehicles pre wired for max options? IE: heated seats, backup camera, moonroof (yeah I’m gonna attempt to install a leak less moonroof too ), etc? Or am I gonna have to become an electrician?

Thanks in advance for all your advice! Can’t wait to have my one of a kind 3/4 ton Escalade

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the answer you are looking for but I'm interested in buying some of your old interior parts when you end up pulling it.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Whether it is pre wired for it or not shouldn't make any difference as you will have a complete Esky to scavenge parts from including wiring harnesses.... now getting all that to work with your BCM is another story.... swap in the BCM for the Esky and now you have the problem of the BCM not communicating with the rest of the truck because the VIN doesn't match so the modules won't be able to communicate through the GMLAN serial data lines and the dealerships won't flash either BCM to be compatible with either truck.... with all that being said.

I would swap everything over including wiring harnesses if need be and then I would make a list of everything (electronically) that was added that your truck didn't already have and send the list and your non Escalade BCM to this guy and let him turn on all the features you added...

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/in...n=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54&vmcchk=1&Itemid=54

Also keep in mind that you will need to purchase an Escalade ESV since you have a Yukon XL. The LWB trucks use different seats for the rear since the floorboards are different. Everything from the front seats forward are the same between SWB and LWB but everything behind the front console is different.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m interested to see how this goes! Subbed. Lots of pics hopefully! Bolt wise I know the seats will swap in. But beyond that your guess is as good as mine! Are you planning to do exterior as well?!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty ambitious plan Don! Ken's advice is spot on. Enjoy the truck and welcome to the forum!

When you get the Esky, let us know which rear axle it has, looking for RPO AXN. Please post plenty of before photos, those 2500s are awesome.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be a fun swap,...subbed in.

OP
OP
YukEscalade

YukEscalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback all! Your support will give me the extra drive to complete this project...

As far as the exterior goes, I’d honestly rather swap it over to Tahoe/Suburban shell versus Escalade, but I already ordered new yukey front bumper and had it painted so I’ll stick with yukey for now. Paint needs a lot of work on the rest of her too, so I’m going to try and use the good ol barter system to get into someone’s paint shop (anybody who knows a body man in Vancouver hit me up! Will trade labor or carpentry services for some hours in your paint shop. I do the work and you give me some expert advise kind of deal) also need to throw some wheels/tires on it to complete the exterior. Sorry no spinners

I will most definitely sell old yukey parts and left over esky parts (before it gets sent for scrap) to people in this group for a very cheap price

Dually noted on the ESV, was hoping to find an ESV anyway due to wanting by to replace the roof liner.

Electrical still sounds... fun... haha but thank you for the heads up and contacts

Only have a few pics so far, stuck working in the bush... but once I get back into civilization I’ll add more

A62EA04D-3E21-40B4-A014-9FE2BB62CEDA.jpeg A8F1A26F-C0E2-4CAA-8E98-7CF2EB2C9835.jpeg

OP
OP
YukEscalade

YukEscalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh... I was also thinking about throwing a 2.5 level on the front to balance out the truck and airbag the back to make the ride a little more sufferable. She’s definitely a tank to drive. Then possibly adding some 33inch tires to fill the fenders. If anybody had pics of 2500 yukeys that are levelled, let’s see em!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll ride better with a couple hundred pounds added to the rear, get some lead or sandbags. Look around the forum for some fairly recent photos of leveled and lifted 2500s.