Yukon Down, AWD delete, headers, converter etc...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyv8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the response on the wheels. are they +30mm offset? reason I ask is that is the wheel I found the other day while looking for replacement 22" wheels. my current 22's are beyond looking horrible and I am in need of new wheels. seeing your truck has solidified my wanting them. truck looks good

as for the crv - I am very much well aware of the confined space of them things. I work on them everyday. I'm a certified master Honda tech. been under and through them for the last 16 years. obviously you know your way around a car - but if you ever need anything that you cant get (bulletins, service news, tech line help, audio code blah blah or just general help on them hit me up) be more than happy to help if I can.

love the Camaro too! I had an 01 ss that I reluctantly sold back in 09. car was a beast! triple black, 6spd man, ttop, loaded with slp stuff. built to 650 hp too. I built that car and miss it everyday. big cam (trex) fast, z06 heads, qtp headers, dual cutouts, slp exhaust, built 6sp, 9" rear with spool and 4.56 gears - miss it

OP
OP

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I believe they were 30mm. I actually bought the setup from a wheel vendor on ebay, shipped already mounted and balanced and theyve been great....and even for cheap tires theyve done good.

OP
OP

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I noticed when loaded these djm springs are a little on the soft side. The stockers even with with the auto leveling not working still handled load well. I knew I needed to address this. I inquired about an air spring kit for lowered vehicles and they told me I need to measure. Once I got my measurement I ordered a custom fit kit for the rear coil springs. I figured it would be a good time to retire the probably original 200k mile shocks also.

20170108_160709_zpska0hayd0.jpg

20170107_162134_zpsgdp2pp9a.jpg

Here is a pic of the stock shocks with the blown out air bladders plus the compressor that was mouted to the framerail.

20170108_132046_zpspdaprox1.jpg

Here is the rear end sagging, and the new air spring helper installed.

20170108_140047_zpsl7edmfbt.jpg

I routed the lines, T'd them together and ran it to a schrader valve i installed near the hitch. They fill up really quick with the shop compressor, think bycicle tire quick.

20170108_143313_zpskibrwzfr.jpg

Driving/Towing results to come.

subieworx

Reaction score
I did the same but am using airlifts controller/compressor combo and love it. Three pressure presets and monitors pressure to hold it steady. I found without it the system would leak down over a week or so and faster when towing.

OP
OP

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked mine yesterday, its been holding 15psi since the initial install. Lets hope it stays that way.

subieworx

Reaction score
That's awesome. I have checked for leaks multiple times and can never find anything. With the current airlift compressor setup it runs in the morning for about 2 seconds when I first start the truck and that is it to maintain 5 psi in the bags.

svtthis

Reaction score
Awesome thread! Thanks for putting this together. So to delete the awd you would need just a 2wd driveshaft and a 2wd crossmember?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne